A better tomorrow

Keanumoreira

I've asked for a move, it's still happy now..but when all options are added it should turn into a debate :whistling:.

No biofuel, as that harms the environment by turning forests into farmlands and leaving a lot of people to hunger as it's food your burning.

I'd say using electricity and getting that done by clean ways of production. Core-fusion seems a good way..it's just about 20- 20 years from now that they might have finished its first production facility and that's just the first one. So it's not really a first solution. Fuel based on water sounds nice as well but I doubt its possibilities to massively distribute or create it.

A flux capacitor haha like in the back to the future movies. I guess that turning organic garbage into energy could be useful, if large quantities of energy could be produced from it... I think that is called biomass? I'm not sure. also, a more efficient technology for solar energy cells. the sun is the greatest source of energy we have, and is still free... I don't know... turning to vegetable fuels could raise another debate on how millions keep starving and the food is now produced to burn in the new car engines... wind power could generate electricity too but I guess a car with a big fan on the top wont look so good.

... wind power could generate electricity too but I guess a car with a big fan on the top wont look so good.

No, but an electric car, that when it needs recharging, goes to a "gasstation" and put the plug into a socket that delievers wind produced electricity, will do.

We get better and better with making long lasting short recharging batteries. One day we should be able to have a car that will run for a week, and recharge in

10-15 minutes.

The ones we have now(at least in DK) only last few days and takes several hours to recharge.

Exactly, there should be a way to charge cars when they aren't used. At home you'd already have place to charge and maybe at work. But electricity-stations to replace gas-stations might indeed be more practical as the way of delivery may require some advanced techniques or a stronger power source.

Have you seen the new Hydrogen Fuel Cell powered cars from GM? I'd love one of those, they're supposed to start rolling them out for the general public in '14-'15.

http://www.earthtechling.com/2010/02/report-fuel-cell-vehicles-could-be-commercially-viable-by-2014/

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/03/gms-hydrogen-fuel-cell-fleet-getting-real-crash-experience/1