Decent Free Web Hosting?

zprospero

I recently got a job as a Web Developer and I've been wanting to practice some

of the stuff they're showing me how to do by creating a personal web site and an

official site for my Rise of Ouroboros mod. I've seen various sites made by some

of the members here, so I'd thought I'd ask.

What would be a good, free, web-hosting service I could use that

would basically just be a space on a server I could upload stuff to.

Now, my job uses ASP and SQL, I'm assuming that if I want the "free" part

I'll have to write the pages in good old PHP and MySQL, but that's fine with me.

So, what would you recommend and, for those of you with sites, what do you use?

I haven't used them for a while but free webs was decent. I'm not sure there was much latitude in writing your own code/scripts, but things may have changed now. Here's a link so you can check it out:

http://www.webs.com/

For the website I did have, I used godaddy.com They do allow your own building and it's pretty cheap. Used to be anyway.

Webs is a really interactive one, yet...from what I experienced a year ago (so it may be changed) is that it's more difficult to put up your own files. Yet if it that is changed it's a quite good one, but maybe not the type your looking for when coding without copy pasting :P.

000 is quite good as well, I've tried various free hosts (about 7) and that one just gave what it promised. empiresglory.com runs on it like a sunshine. but yeah, php and mysql.

I can't really name the others as free hosts come and go monthly and their position changes quickly as well. Before you'd be glad with 50mb, but it's usually 150mb+ now and their moving the standard to a 1gig of space.