Vault Signs Texture Help

ChrisPydtank

Hey everyone... I Have edited this post so my replies below wont make sense... but people seem to be reading and not helping... so Im writing now on first post...

My issue of the signs from the vault is now for almost all my new mods I have put in... I have edited the vault signs to have new textures be on certain sign meshes that allow me to have arrows or just the words by itsself...

I edited a sign already in the GECK. I change the model to the new mesh that I made in Nifscope:

But like this next picture... the sign is also doing this in GECK... in the render window, Preview Window and the Model Data Window:

My Desert Eagle was working... the texture was loading and in game it wasn't a Red Diamond with "!" in the middle... the Rifle is new and doing it... and the sign is also red... I have a pic of the model data window when selecting the new mesh. ask me and ill post it... But does anybody have an idea why its like this? especially since my Pistol in the safe worked a few days ago... and the blue suit on far left... I modded that to have number '74' as this is my Vault 74... yet that mod isn't turning red!?!?!? Take note that when I check to see if any problems by loading mesh in Nifscope again... the texture is loaded... So something is not going in GECK...

Also I put the 10mm pistols silencer onto the G3 in Nifscope... but when I load it on GECK... gun is red... and the silencer is not even rendered... any ideas why that is?

I can't say whether or not you can use Nifscope to change the lettering on signs. I suppose that it might be possible, but the usual method is to use a graphics program for retexturing. I use PhotoShop, but GIMP is popular too, and it is free to download. There will be a bit of a learning curve if you are unfamiliar with the process, but there are tutorials and it would most likely be an easier way to do what you want.

I can't say whether or not you can use Nifscope to change the lettering on signs. I suppose that it might be possible, but the usual method is to use a graphics program for retexturing. I use PhotoShop, but GIMP is popular too, and it is free to download. There will be a bit of a learning curve if you are unfamiliar with the process, but there are tutorials and it would most likely be an easier way to do what you want.

Yeah, Ill explain how the Mesh and textures work in Nifscope. The Textures are based on Vault and Vault Ruined... they are made out as VSign0# or VsignR0#... the # represents to different categories... 01 has the sign texture and 1 set of words... the other one (02) is the other set of words... now when Nifscope loads a particular sign... eg "Overseers Office" sign... the mesh has UV nodes through 2 NiTriStrips... one for VSign01 and second for Vsign02... The 01 has UV indications that you can see on picture... the white lines bordering everywhere except Overseer's... the 02 is for the UV that goes around Overseer's... so the arrows are 01 and One box for a word that you highlight in UV edit... in this case "Room"... equipment is also in 01 texture but not 02 sorta issue... so the NiTri with Overseer's cannot be changed through 01 and when you load texture 02... it only has the second set of words... so I need the Boxes be able to be edited with arrows or no arrows and the word/s I want... now Ive worked out what I can do... that is to make custom textures by removing 01 words and placing 02 words in Gimp and or mixing them together... but some words in one need to be in the other... the arrows need to be in certain ones... so I probs need to create 03-06... mixing and matching... now my issue is solved but not... the alternate issue is getting to save the Textures i made... so here is my custom set (03) and also my error message trying to save as DTX3 compressed DDS: ( next reply Hopfully)

Yeah, Ill explain how the Mesh and textures work in Nifscope. The Textures are based on Vault and Vault Ruined... they are made out as VSign0# or VsignR0#... the # represents to different categories... 01 has the sign texture and 1 set of words... the other one (02) is the other set of words... now when Nifscope loads a particular sign... eg "Overseers Office" sign... the mesh has UV nodes through 2 NiTriStrips... one for VSign01 and second for Vsign02... The 01 has UV indications that you can see on picture... the white lines bordering everywhere except Overseer's... the 02 is for the UV that goes around Overseer's... so the arrows are 01 and One box for a word that you highlight in UV edit... in this case "Room"... equipment is also in 01 texture but not 02 sorta issue... so the NiTri with Overseer's cannot be changed through 01 and when you load texture 02... it only has the second set of words... so I need the Boxes be able to be edited with arrows or no arrows and the word/s I want... now Ive worked out what I can do... that is to make custom textures by removing 01 words and placing 02 words in Gimp and or mixing them together... but some words in one need to be in the other... the arrows need to be in certain ones... so I probs need to create 03-06... mixing and matching... now my issue is solved but not... the alternate issue is getting to save the Textures i made... so here is my custom set (03) and also my error message trying to save as DTX3 compressed DDS: ( next reply Hopfully)

Ok never mind... the dimensions error was coz it was not multiples of 4... I kinda didnt get it... but the pixels were not multiplies if 4... I got it working... I now have it working with my custom words being able to be loaded... this is awesome... I suppose I managed to work it out myself... YAY!!!! im happy... thanks everyone anyways... but if I hit a roadblock Ill probs need help lolz...

Well issue now... Ive done my stuff... I added it to GECK... but once I load the new mesh to the newly designed sign. Basically I edited another sign and changed the ID to proper ID for it... went to change the model to my new mesh that loads the correct texture... the texture doesn't wanna load... the sign is RED... anybody got an idea why?