Custom texture issues

DeadFishy

Hey guys, im pretty much a compleate newbie to modding, forgive me if there is another thread about this but i cant find it.

But my issue is that i can get the mods working for example guns with custom textures, i can get the guns into the game but the textures are all messed up and like copy close textures. i put the "texture" and "meshes"(downloaded with mods) folders into the fallout3 data "meshes" and "textures". i am just wandering why its not working and if anyone can point me in the right direction of fixing it.

Many thanks, Deadfishy

I agree with Nadin... but dont mind some people and being rude... your new to modding so your learning... dont take it personally if people think your an idiot... its ridiculous how when I was a noob I got poo for not knowing whats what... hello define noob!!! people who know what they are doing make it sound like they were born knowing lolz... anyways... atleast your not having the issues Im having atm lolz... once you dont more harder modding... things like to go wrong :(

I agree with Nadin... but dont mind some people and being rude... your new to modding so your learning... dont take it personally if people think your an idiot... its ridiculous how when I was a noob I got poo for not knowing whats what... hello define noob!!! people who know what they are doing make it sound like they were born knowing lolz..

People THINKING that you are an idiot is not rude. People SAYING that you are an idiot for asking a simple question IS rude and I see no reason not to take personal insults personally. There is no place for them in a forum that is intended to be helpful, and that is why people occasionally get banned if they are too gratuitous with their insults. There is no shame in being ignorant. It is our natural state. Apart from importunate questioning, anything else is fair game as far as I am concerned.

You can avoid the need for asking questions often times by using the search function and looking through the pinned threads, since they have lots of good, basic info. But sometimes it is just a good idea to post your question. There is always a chance that no one will respond, may not know the answer or even give you wrong or incomplete answers (my specialty), but there are quite a number of people experienced with FO3 and modding who graciously give over good information too.

I was trained that what you learn today, you can teach another the next day and that superior knowledge does not in itself make a man superior. So for people who enjoy giving other people a virtual face palm just because they can't get their actual bummed kicked for doing it: please grow up, learn some politesse, keep your insults to yourself, try to give out good answers without them or please remain silent.