My NPC's wont stay!

Hey everyone, on this new base i'm working on, I have 2 NPC's that wont stay where there supposed to! How do I make them stay? Also, they are equipped with the 40k thousand sun armor from the spakys chaos marines mod, and the armor does not appear on them in game!

(I'm not going to upload this file unless special permission is given by spaky)

Falloutperson416

A little more description of what they are doing would sure help. There are oh so many reasons why NPCs won't be where you want them. Here are some, but I am guessing without more info...

No navmesh.

You made a copy of an existing NPC and it has old AI packages telling it to go somewhere else.

You've used the wrong type of AI package for the actions you want.

Combat situations are making the NPC move around

The AI Data is mixed up for the behavior you are looking for.

These are just a few.

To make a NPC stay where you place him, delete all his AI packages. Then create a new package, set Type to "Guard". Set location to "Near editor location", radius to 0. You can also set the "Remain Near Reference to Guard" flag.

That should work, well at least it works for my NPCs in a navmeshed environment. Having no Navmesh at all may prevent NPCs from spawning where they should, so create a complete Navmesh for your base, if you havent already done it.

To make a NPC stay where you place him, delete all his AI packages. Then create a new package, set Type to "Guard". Set location to "Near editor location", radius to 0. You can also set the "Remain Near Reference to Guard" flag.

That should work, well at least it works for my NPCs in a navmeshed environment. Having no Navmesh at all may prevent NPCs from spawning where they should, so create a complete Navmesh for your base, if you havent already done it.

Alright, i'll give this a try. Now do you have any idea whats happening when I try to make him where the modded armor? I replace his current equipment with the armor and a sniper, and in game he has the weapon but not the armor! I'm using the 40k Thousand Sun Armor from spaky's choas marines mod