Help getting Custom Cuirass to work.

magnavus

I am making an Armor & Weapons Mod for Oblivion.

I have started making the Cuirass for one set of Armor, it is only half-finished.

I wanted to test it to see how it looked in-game, put the Cuirass into the game and it doesn't appear.

The Cuirass was made in Blender

It has all the neccessary skeleton parts

It replaces the Upper Body

All the Meshes and Textures are in the right folders

I put it into a container using the Construction Set

Activated the Mod and loaded Oblivion

The Cuirass doesn't appear on the character or near the character, it is like missing textures, but when I drop it no big ! in a box, the cuirass_gnd mesh appears

Guest Kromagnum
Download TES4Edit and check the esp for conflicts and duplicate items. Some thing is messing with the file path/reference to cause this problem. If you don't find any thing there. Check the model with NifScope. This will show what you should see in game, based on the mesh file.

Download TES4Edit and check the esp for conflicts and duplicate items. Some thing is messing with the file path/reference to cause this problem. If you don't find any thing there. Check the model with NifScope. This will show what you should see in game, based on the mesh file.

There is no errors or conflicts with the esp file and it appears as it should in NifSkope.

Everything else I have made in blender works fine (Weapons, Shields and Helmets).

I have checked it with all the mods I have running and the only conflict is with the rest of the mod pack, I have put this cuirass into the same container as the rest of the pack, but as a seperate esp file (for testing purposes and ease of access).

Guest Kromagnum

There is no errors or conflicts with the esp file and it appears as it should in NifSkope.

Everything else I have made in blender works fine (Weapons, Shields and Helmets).

I have checked it with all the mods I have running and the only conflict is with the rest of the mod pack, I have put this cuirass into the same container as the rest of the pack, but as a seperate esp file (for testing purposes and ease of access).

At this point, It would be best to verify that the armor mesh works with out the interference from other mod's. Make a fresh esp mode file, create a new item ID within that mod. Change the mesh of the donor item to your mesh, and drop it on the floor some where. I prefer testing hall, myself. Start the game with just that esp installed. A new character with is best if you have a save file at the sewer exit. Go get the item, and check on what you get. If it works, you need to find the conflict with the other mod's. If it does not work, you will have to review the process you did, and make sure there were no mistakes. One I'm good at is capitol letters in the file path, either missing, or extra. Also make sure its back slash ( \ ), not forward slash (/). Some of this may sound overly simple, but some times that's the hardest type of error to find.

At this point, It would be best to verify that the armor mesh works with out the interference from other mod's. Make a fresh esp mode file, create a new item ID within that mod. Change the mesh of the donor item to your mesh, and drop it on the floor some where. I prefer testing hall, myself. Start the game with just that esp installed. A new character with is best if you have a save file at the sewer exit. Go get the item, and check on what you get. If it works, you need to find the conflict with the other mod's. If it does not work, you will have to review the process you did, and make sure there were no mistakes. One I'm good at is capitol letters in the file path, either missing, or extra. Also make sure its back slash ( \ ), not forward slash (/). Some of this may sound overly simple, but some times that's the hardest type of error to find.

Tried it without any of my other mods and got the same result.

Created a new esp file for it and new character, got the same result.

I have checked and double checked the file path, it is in the correct folder. There is no missing or extra letters.

I have put the cuirass into Oblivion the same way that I put other Cuirasses, made using NifSkope, into Oblivion.

I made another Cuirass a few weeks ago, I tried putting that into Oblivion instead. Got the same result.

I decided to try something else, I used a Helmet (made in Blender) and it works fine, so I went back to the Cuirass.

Checked the file path again, just to be sure.

Put it into Oblivion and checked it several times, making sure it is covering the right part of the character and that the ID is correct.

Got the same result.

The only other thing I can think of trying is removing all the mods, meshes and textures, meaning I will have one mesh and two textures. I would rather only do this as a last resort.

I removed all the mods, meshes and textures, and got the same result.

So I'm guessing it is not a Construction Set problem, possibly a Blender or NifSkope problem.

I will keep trying to make this work, but if anyone can think of what it could be, please let me know.

So I'm guessing it is not a Construction Set problem, possibly a Blender or NifSkope problem.

I will keep trying to make this work, but if anyone can think of what it could be, please let me know.

This is 100% a Blender\nifscope problem. Firstly, how did you do the weight painting? Did you make it of your own or used the copy weight paint script?

Secondly you can check the nif file for duplicated scene.root nodes. If you have 2 the best thing is to get back to blender, delete all skeletons, select your meshes and then import a new skeleton and using the function to parent it directly to all selected meshes.

Almost 99% of the time when i get invisible armors in game it's the weight painting's fault, so I'm pretty confident the same is in your case.

This is 100% a Blender\nifscope problem. Firstly, how did you do the weight painting? Did you make it of your own or used the copy weight paint script?

Secondly you can check the nif file for duplicated scene.root nodes. If you have 2 the best thing is to get back to blender, delete all skeletons, select your meshes and then import a new skeleton and using the function to parent it directly to all selected meshes.

Almost 99% of the time when i get invisible armors in game it's the weight painting's fault, so I'm pretty confident the same is in your case.

I checked the weight painting of the meshes, didn't find any problems with it.

Checked NifSkope, I had multiple scene.root nodes, I did what you suggested and I am still having this problem.