Help getting Custom Cuirass to work.

magnavus

Another obvious question, but like someone said, they're the hardest to detect, and I've been sure things were one way and they weren't.

Is Blender exporting your .nif with default settings for Oblivion?

Also:

When you say invisible, do you mean completely empty space between head and waist, or can you see the upperbody mesh (or what's left of it if you deleted faces), but the cuirass itself is gone?

Sorry if these don't help. I know the feeling. I had this exact problem a while back, and was only able to fix it once. Have you tried this:

Opening your file in nifskope, and then in another window opening a different cuirass that you know works,

Deleting the NiSkinInstance from your cuirass,

Selecting the other one's NiSkinInstance, right clicking and selecting Copy Branch,

Back to your cuirass, selecting it in the render window, right clicking and selecting paste branch.

This helped me once, but not with other cuirasses. I think those are the right steps. I could be wrong. It's been a very long time. In fact, the one time it worked was with a shirt, not a cuirass, but I'm guessing that doesn't matter. Thought I'd mention it though. Who knows with this stuff sometimes....

I am no longer getting extra scene.root nodes.

The Cuirass is modified from the upperbody mesh, the Helmet was made from scratch.

I can't get either of them to work.

Megatarius, I have tried that before and it didn't work, but I will try it again.

I have managed to get the Cuirass to work.

I was just checking all the things I tried before, extra scene.root file, weighting, skeleton mesh.

Tried it again in Oblivion and it worked.

All I need now is to get the Helmet to work and I'm sorted.

As I said before the Helmet was made from scratch, but only part of it appears, I'll try what I did with the Cuirass just in case.

Thanks for all your help and hopefully the Helmet will be fixed soon.

So what exactly was causing it?

I honestly don't know, I didn't change anything.

The Cuirass didn't work last night, but did today. The only thing I did between last night and today was defrag my laptop and run a virus scan.

I don't think either of the two could have fixed the Cuirass, but I'm guessing it is possible.

If only the Helmet could fix itself too. :laugh:

When you say only a part appears you mean that it is made from more objects or that just some faces aren't showing? Maybe some of the helmet's normals aren't facing in the right direction. You won't belive how many time a mistake like that gets unnoticed.

When you say only a part appears you mean that it is made from more objects or that just some faces aren't showing? Maybe some of the helmet's normals aren't facing in the right direction. You won't belive how many time a mistake like that gets unnoticed.

The Helmet is in two pieces, the main part of the Helmet doesn't appear.

I checked the normals and only 1 is facing the wrong way and I can't find the "flip normals" button.

I hope flipping this normal will fix the Helmet.

Found the flip normals button and I have checked every normal again, I don't see any problems with them.

There is no extra scene.root nodes in NifSkope.

I will keep going over it and try to find the problem.

I will also give you all credit for helping me figure out how to fix the Helmet and Cuirass, because I'm guessing it was something someone here suggested that got the Cuirass to work.

Again, thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.

I have tried everything apart from remaking the Helmet. Is there anything else anyone can recommend?