Anyone looking for a writer for dialogue/quests/perks/story?

chalkyman

I do realise I could hunt around in currently developed mods however it is much easier just to post a thread. Essentially I am an avid player of Fallout 3 and having downloaded several hundred mods on FO3 Nexus I wish to give something back to the modding community. Alas, I am no modder myself, however I do have a talent for writing so if there are any modders out there, feel free to give me a PM. If you wish to know more about me / my writing my website is included in my signature. Happy modding!

I do realise I could hunt around in currently developed mods however it is much easier just to post a thread. Essentially I am an avid player of Fallout 3 and having downloaded several hundred mods on FO3 Nexus I wish to give something back to the modding community. Alas, I am no modder myself, however I do have a talent for writing so if there are any modders out there, feel free to give me a PM. If you wish to know more about me / my writing my website is included in my signature. Happy modding!

I have been trying to get someone who is serious about writing to help me out for quite some time now, but havn't had any luck so far...

I am more of a 3D modeler / animator / level designer, and don't really have the skills to pull off the writing what I want to for my mod. I will be straight foward with you, what I am trying to do is far from easy, I am trying to take interactive dialogue to a level that no one has tried before, and as a game designer I know exactly what I need, but I like the lines of dialogue to put into my system to get things to work.

I have a guy working with me that handles getting all the dialogue scripted into the game, so if you can write the thing he can handle all of the rest.

I have characters and stories and stuff already, all of which need some depth and polish, but if you want to work with me I will give you full creative freedom where you arn't restriced to doing characters my way, because after all, I am a game designer not a writer.

I am also completly willing to work with whatever direction you want to work with the interactive dialogue, I have half a million ideas that I could get working if only I had someone to provide me with good lines, so if you are interested in working with me then we can begin dicussing more specifics of stuff.

Here is a link to my main page

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=150722&hl

And here is a link to a general overview of the most basic elements of my dialogue scheme

http://agdt.freeforums.org/general-dialogue-discussion-t25.html

And if you are more interested in plot that dialogue here is my brainstoming thread

http://agdt.freeforums.org/the-faction-adoptable-child-quest-t75.html

If you have any questions or want examples of what I have done or what I can pull off just PM me.

If you do want to join the team I am more than willing to make you a full Co-Creator with just as much credit for the finished product as me. But I will warn you, it is quite a bit of work. A lot of characters that I want to add dynamic personalities.

No modding skills required, just the ability to type

Well I must say, this is pretty much the perfect project I was looking for. I have had a read through most of your material and ideas and I love it. It also appears you have the determination and ability (being able to create detailed realistic models in only 5 months is quite impressive) to pull this off. It is quite late here and I am too tired to read through the rest of the text at the moment. I will likely PM you at some point tomorrow with questions upon reading the rest of your text.

Another bonus at the moment is that I currently have an insane amount of free time, so I can dedicate a lot of it to this project. I believe I have what it takes to help make this mod come alive and so if you are willing to work with me then we can sort out the details.

----