problem getting map to show in pipboy

blockhead37

So I've been working on a mod: it's a landmass in its own worldspace. I am able to get to the worldspace in the game and walk around, but the pipboy map I made does not show. What is odd is that the pipboy map shows in the little preview when in the worldspace dialog in the GECK.

My two images are in Data/Textures/Interface/Worldmap/ and they are named pccdn1_1024_map.dds and pccdn1_1024_no_map.dds.

As I said before, the picture shows up in GECK ... just not in the game. So I must almost be doing it right.

If anyone has any has any idea, please, that would be great. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, over time I figured it out.

I installed that "invalidated" validated invalidated thing. I've read so many recommendations for it. No one is clear as to what it actually does, but the consesus is that no mods will work unless you have it? :D

Annnnnnyway, after doing that I went into the game ... and still had no pip boy map. Then I noticed in the screen in my pip-boy .. a little teensy square, more of a dot, under the player arrow. Then It hit me: that was my map. I had to adjust the scaling!

I had set the visible size of the map to something like 12, as that was the number of cells on one side of my map. Turns out that I should not have been giving cells: I needed to specify the number of PIXELS that the map takes up in the pip-boy display. Ohhhhhhh! D'oh!!

So now my plugin progresses. :)

Thanks for following up with a report on how you solved your own problem. Many people don't do that.

It may be helpful to someone else down the road who finds themselves in the same predicament and then finds your posts while searching the forum.

• 4 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but how do you know how many pixels the map takes in the pip boy?

i.e. my map is 1024x1024 pixles i changed the x and y coordinates to 1024 1024 and now i get a box with a line through it... do i need to skrink the map image size?

Edited by rdaredbs