RTS-Real Time Settler Place Ideas

Decayz

Mine's right outside V101 (: I have my academy as a regular house, my camp fire on the little overlook, a ramp over the path that leads up to the entrance of the vault. Above the entrance, there's the bank, blacksmith and my house, then on the second 'tier' I'm adding all the houses etc. Just gonna gradually build sideways along the cliff. (: Watchtowers and a gate-type deal with watchtowers at the entrance, and the whole thing is in corridors with connecting ramps and sniper points. Gonna test out putting a watchtower sideways with decking at the end as another sniper point. Pity there's no weapon dump or anything so my guys can just pick up a new sniper or ammo. :/ Or an auto repair part thing where they get their own. That'd be amazing. :D

I always manage to place my city in such a way that I have to tear it down when I get to the Water Tower part, Once I tried to build on a down hill slope (bad idea) and the other was in a small crater down by tenpenny (even worse idea) I always ran out of space.

I always manage to place my city in such a way that I have to tear it down when I get to the Water Tower part, Once I tried to build on a down hill slope (bad idea) and the other was in a small crater down by tenpenny (even worse idea) I always ran out of space.

I know what you mean. (: Though small compact towns with multiple levels are uber uber fun. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Honestly I tried to do the same thing, find somewhere far away from other civilized places (which isn't that hard since most are on the right / right bottom side of the map) where I could make it seem as roll play friendly as possible that some one would try and settle.

I ended up finding that place, a bastion in the wastes if you will, somewhere that has electricity, somewhere that has a view of the surrounding landscape, somewhere that has 'some' room to build and most of all, somewhere that is fairly easy to defend from the get go...

That somewhere is WKML Broadcast Station.

It has a nice solid main structure, with 3 (working) generators (for RP purposes), 3 broadcasting towers to build from, one point of entry (the stairs at the front), the ability to place turrets / guard points all around the ledges of the area... I tried to make it like a castle if you will, myself and the more important things at the top where it is easily defensible and the common things, ie Housing and such on the car park/ roadway just down from the stairs and even then down there it's not hard to defend / wall off, you've only got to make a small wall on the left side (standing and looking from the roadway in front of the area) to block off that way up, a little larger walling on the right side to block that, the only real fencing / barricading needed is along the front in front of the roadway.

The downside is it's so close to the Deathclaw Sanctuary (they tend to spawn in and around the area at high levels). There's the bloody sniper 'Drifter' on the other side (who also attacks ANYTHING, Bonus to defense of the place I guess). Also there is a Random Encounter 'Type A' located right up in front of the WKML Broadcasting station (Trigger is running up the stairs).

I have only built up the top so far, once I have no space left then I shall move down to the next level and continue building dwellings I guess.

Hope this place helps someone looking for somewhere more challenging to build a settlement, you can also go to war with the Talon Company mercenaries at Fort Bannister for equipment caps, Role Play etc.

Edited by Syraxal

• 3 years later...
I've found that the Robco Facility parking lot is the most suitable to my needs, you can blow up and scrap the cars to clear the way, I built my houses along the rails on the far side of the lot from the Robco building, and have all my work buildings (market, academy, etc) on the sidewalk on the left side looking away from the Robco building, have my supplies, anvil, we'll, and workbench surrounding a light near the center, and have my farm on the other side of the road on the Tenpenny Tower side. Its still a work in progress so no defenses yet, but I did put down stone flooring to lvl out the parking lot