ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How To Increase Oblivion FPS?

Vector4

Here is the link for streamline: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10400

Now for the caveat. Streamline 3.1 is a beta (unfinished ) program that will never be completed as the author vanished over a year ago. It does have some bugs. It works by trading your visual effects for FPS. It does this by overiding your settings in the Oblivion.ini file while you play. So, for a temporary increase in FPS, you loose things like shadows, being able to see NPCs and objects at a distance and other visual enhancements. It is intended for very weak computers with a normal FPS of less than 20. Not for one where you get an occasional FPS drop to 20 but normally see an FPS over 30. If you are willing to accept the loss of video enhancement, it works fairly well.

Open the console (~) and type in:

tt (toggle trees)

tg (toggle grass)

ts (toggle sky, which effectively also toggles the weather which is helpful when it's raining)

Sure, the scenery is then boring and plain, but if your getting 7-8 fps then you want all the help you can get.

• 6 years later...

Ok im here to help on any forum i can find about enhancing oblivion fps and performance. People keep doing .ini tweaks and getting performance enhancer mods. For some this works. For others it does very little. I am one of them. Theres a misconception that oblivion engine is faulty and that is not true. Gamebryo (oblivions engine) is well made and balanced. The down side is its cpu intensive. Theres no multi thread problem and most of what people say is not true. If you computer meets the minimum requirements to run oblivion you good to go but theres one thing people are not seeing. With my fair bit of computer knowings and the help of a faimly friend who builds computers and is a programmer. We found out that most of the time with oblivion performance issues and .ini tweaks with performance enhancer mods not working is a buss problem (a buss is the system that transfers data between components in a computer).Its probably not fast enough to handle the flow of data or something is bogging it down and unless your a computer expert DO NOT MESS WITH A BUSS. i warned you. I hope this helps and im sorry but if you cant get oblivion to run smooth no matter what you try you just have to deal with it or buy a computer with a fast buss.This applies to any game. It all depends on how to game runs.