Duty/Soldiers Helmet Texture loss

Modslave

I've been getting back to playing Dragon Age's OC again after running through Awakening and I'd have to say that I'm having a lot of fun with the various mods that have been produced as they've really given the game a far better feel.

Theres been a few mods that I just can't load up, they're installed correctly but the items don't appear, apparently thats related to the 1.03 patch, so I'm not worried about that.

But...just recently I've turned up the following problem.

http://members.cox.net/pr0/wtfhelm.jpg

The following mods and overrides are installed and appear to work, this only started recently after installing the TnT Armory (Which is a fair mod, but seems a bit too over the top for my taste), which I then uninstalled completely but the Duty/Soldiers Helmet continues to look like that.

http://members.cox.net/pr0/installedmods.jpg

I've gone in and hunted around my Addins/Overrides folder like crazy and can't seem to work out where the issue is here that would be specifically affecting that model but it affects every suit of Massive Plate that uses that helm. Cailan's armor, and Juggernaut plate both, as well as any NPC armors using that helm model.

I've tried force loading my save with the no helmet hack mod off, doesn't help the situation either.

If anyone has any ideas what I should be looking for specifically in regards to what would override that specific helmet or strip its texture, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Hello,

you have 1 mod, that might alter this helm (although I'm not sure, as I have never installed this mod). As I'm not at your PC, I can't say exactly, where the error might be. In addition, sometimes DAO does not recognize correctly an Addin as deinstalled. I have seen it once after uninstalled a mod, that it was still present in my AddIns.xml and not deleted there as it should have to.

So you can TRY:

- reinstall No Helmet Hack

don't care about uninstalling a mod which requires no further configuration in the override (= a *.dazip mod), cause DAUpdater (and also DAO-Modmanager) will override every reinstalled mod with the same files. This will also force to change the AddIns.xml, cause this file will be changed and the mod in it at its current place deleted (as if you have uninstalled it) and then re-added at the end of the list in it. This may repair an Addins.xml, where an uninstalled mod not correctly has be deleted in it.

Thats what I would try to do, before I would made the effort to reinstall the whole game :sleep:

Greetings

Roana

awakening in the OC *might* be the culprit, as many of the original armors have new tint files associated with them in Awakening, to match with the new material classes. it's obviously still reading the texture file, as if it wasnt you either wouldnt see the mesh at all, or it would look really, really strange. more mirrorish, with a lot of neochrome shades.

Its also one of hte only mods on your list, that I havent tried, and havent had issues with, aside from Rak's Armory.

awakening in the OC *might* be the culprit, as many of the original armors have new tint files associated with them in Awakening, to match with the new material classes. it's obviously still reading the texture file, as if it wasnt you either wouldnt see the mesh at all, or it would look really, really strange. more mirrorish, with a lot of neochrome shades.

Its also one of hte only mods on your list, that I havent tried, and havent had issues with, aside from Rak's Armory.

It did turn out to be Awakening in the OC, I took a slash and burn approach to my overrides and addins this morning and finally after doing the manual deletion of the Awakenings erf's and that mod, everything went back to normal.

Lost all the Awakenings content, but it was mostly just skills I couldn't get yet so no big deal.

I'd like to see a cleaner cross port of the Awakenings stuff into the OC, at least the expanded skills and what not, but, regardless, once I got rid of it everything went fine from there.

Thanks all for the help.

not a problem, I'm glad that we got it sorted out for you. :thumbsup:

yeah, I wish that we could have cleaner crossovers too. The problem is, is that many of those files in DAA just arent available to us. Or, could cause legality issues, by posting them. For instance I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA where those DAA tint files are, and if we gave them to peeps that didnt already have them, we'd be stealing them.

• 1 month later...