Is Dragon Age worth buying.

Kirinou

I have Oblivion and Fallout 3, but not Dragon Age. What are peoples opinions of it, do people enjoy it more then Oblivion? Does it have a better story? Better music? Better equipment?

I'd like to know its flaws and good things. What is your opinion of it? Worth buying? Stuff like that, if I get good feedback from it, I might buy it myself.

The mechanics of playing the game are not totally like Oblivion/Fallout 3 , they are more akin to the Witcher I found . But the DAO storyline is more involving and in depth and after getting used to how DAO works I really enjoyed playing it and the expansion pack.

If you like an involving and interesting storyline plus puzzles and combat then DAO is probably going to be a good choice for you .

PS Also the characters are really well rounded , I love the banter between them while on missions/travelling

id say half half tbh.. i major let down was i couldnt hear my guy talk.. id recommand The Witcher its around the same price and the gameplay and story is better too

modability compared to oblivion/morrowind is completely crappy. pretty much stuck with just reskins and stat mods on existing gear. Because of how difficult it is to add new meshes to the game right now.

Gameplay itself is very good. I'd recommend this game. tho I'd recommend the white teeth mod, and a few face morph mods to accompany it.

Origins I will wholeheartedly recommend buying. The expansion Awakening however, I would say "Oh HELL no!! "

Would also recommend gettting your patches 3rd party, instead of having the game automatically patch up. the last patch (patch 1.03) can cause some nasty problems, especially with armor and weapon mods. So avoid that one like the plague! (Which is part of the reason I can't recommend Awakening, it depends on 1.03 to run).

i would absolutely recommend purchasing this title, the game-play is completely foreign in comparison to bethesda titles, but as mentioned above the story is 100% more engaging. everything is goes into depth as far as party members and their stories, the main story-line, lore, etc. this game, its engine and the entire mechanics of it in fact remind me of the "neverwinter nights" series, it might even be based off that same engine, i can't say as i am not proficient in modding or even knowledge with nwn/wow/witcher/whatever "template" based games.

satisfaction is absolutely guaranteed as long as you don't depend on certain "features" in your games to make them enjoyable...such as elder scrolls style open worlds, ragdoll physics or highly interactive environments. freedom to walk in a location and Nuke everything haha, etc, again that is a trade off for an epic long tale. i enjoyed playing this game and got into it's story 10x more than any other popular medievil/D&D style games/movies. this could be described as an R-rated lord of the rings for lack of a better description. there is a wealth of dialogue and content as well as attention to detail, some outcomes are actually pretty sneaky to achieve, its not as heavily reliant on obvious good/evil dialogue/choices as most other titles are, and theres no good/bad karma slider either which i thought was genius, really adds...a certain..i dont know, its just cool!

one thing you can always count on with Bioweezy, is superb voice acting and sound effects (for the most part), of course there's always a few annoyances in how the devs implement them - thankfully you can mod anything that gives the game a black eye, i wont spoil it but you'll see what i mean (lets hear that war cry one more time, lay sister.... glorious :p)

as for the latest patch and the expansion, i can only speak for myself, but i have been able to run everything as normal with no issues whatsoever. some of the mods made for DOA will not work in Awakening, but slowly contributors are crossing them over to each other, give it a bit of time, again thats just me, anything is possible with PC titles and individual hard/software configs.

id say my 10 minutes is up - im about to begin a 3rd play through with a bunch of cool stuff ive been downloading

so the answer is yes, definitely get yourself a copy dude! enjoy!