FNIS FOR USERS TROUBLES PLEASE HELP I've posted about 2 of these and haven't gotten any replies so please reply

zachary908

Yesterday I tried to download a mod that required FNIS (Fores New Idles in Skyrim)link to mod:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?.I install everything but with one problem,I cannot get GenerateFNISforUsers.exe to run,which is required for you to do after you install the mod or else it won't work. Every time I try to run it the blue wheal next to the mouse cursor starts spinning and then stops and then nothing happens.I am using windows 8 on a 64-bit.Please help how do I fix this?

zachary, if you have specific problems with a single mod then you should go to the mod's comment section. You certainly will get better advice there.

Your problem could be caused by your AntiVirus. The last 2 weeks or so FNIS generators (both for users and modders) have been falsely mistaken with a new trojan. False positive, of course, and they have been cleared as soon the AV's support groups had been noticed.

• 1 month later...

OK so to answer your question because I had the same problem and after a little research I figured it out. Below you will find a step by step that I hope helps you correct the issue of certain mods not registering with FNIS.

1. make sure you uninstall any fnis mod in nexus before proceeding.

2. Download the newest FNIS 5.11 (which installed for some reason shows 5.1.1.

3. Extract all files to your Steamapps/common/Skyrim/data/tools

Once this is done re open nexus so the FNIS registers in the mod manager double click it and let it install. ****Important say no when asked if you want to upgrade***

4. Go to the data/tools/FNIS Behavior 5.1.1/data/tools/Generate FNIS for users let it run ****if done correctly you will see the mods that require FNIS load up in the window. exit out and place shortcut on desktop when asked and run game usung skse.

This should fix your issue if not then you did something wrong. I should mentioned that after I loaded the fnis in nexus I ran Wyr bash installers to ensure everything was loaded properly then I ran FNIS before starting the game.

I hope this helps anyone else having the issue.

OK so to answer your question because I had the same problem and after a little research I figured it out. Below you will find a step by step that I hope helps you correct the issue of certain mods not registering with FNIS.

1. make sure you uninstall any fnis mod in nexus before proceeding

Once this is done re open nexus so the FNIS registers in the mod manager double click it and let it install. ****Important say no when asked if you want to upgrade***

4. Go to the data/tools/FNIS Behavior 5.1.1/data/tools/Generate FNIS for users let it run ****if done correctly you will see the mods that require FNIS load up in the window. Exit out and place shortcut on desktop when asked and run game using skse.

This should fix your issue if not then you did something wrong. I should mentioned that after I loaded the fnis in nexus I ran Wyre bash installers to ensure everything was loaded properly then I ran FNIS before starting the game.

• 4 months later...

1. make sure you uninstall any fnis mod in nexus before proceeding

4. Go to the data/tools/FNIS Behavior 5.1.1/data/tools/Generate FNIS for users let it run ****if done correctly you will see the mods that require FNIS load up in the window. Exit out and place shortcut on desktop when asked and run game using skse.

This should fix your issue if not then you did something wrong. I should mentioned that after I loaded the fnis in nexus I ran Wyre bash installers to ensure everything was loaded properly then I ran FNIS before starting the game.

Thanks for the help, it didn't work but I figured out that somethings messed up with my computer files so it won't load certain .exes like fnisforusers or nexus mod manager or dayz commander.

Thanks for the help, it didn't work but I figured out that somethings messed up with my computer files so it won't load certain .exes like fnisforusers or nexus mod manager or dayz commander.

Almost certainly it's your Antivirus which messes them up. May I guess? Avira or Avast? They are known for such misbehavior.