FPS Obliviion (No obse)

Moonkitty

OBSE uses checksums to tell whether or not you have a version it supports. If your version of the game does not match a supported checksum, it's just not going to work. I used to run PC games on a Mac using legal commercial emulation software and commercial Windows games when I got my first computer. i.e. I made a PC volume on my Mac running real bought Windows and PC versions of boxed games. That was a long time ago though and I am not sure how these things work now. I am assuming Oblivion was not released on Mac and you are doing something similar? Did you buy the game from Steam or the boxed game? OBSE will not work on D2D or Impulse versions if you bought one of those. If you are a Steam customer and you bought it on Steam, your checksum may be fine but you need to install OBSE for Steam. It has special instructions. I'm thinking your checksums must be different from the versions that OBSE supports,though.

Sorry it took me so long to reply!

I use some of the same general porting softwares (if a port comes out in cider form that is great, but usually I make a wineskin port). I think i'll just have to do without it for now because I still don't fully understand all of the software I am trying to work with. Thanks for the info though.

You could try using PYFFI to reduce the complexity of the meshes by removing hidden nodes, etc. - I'm currently writing a basic walkthrough HERE. There's a Python version for Mac, I think - if not try the PC one with an emulator. You may need to edit some of the files to reflect the Mac directory structure.