Way to confirm OOO is working?

Stigg

What difficulty setting are you on? I have FCOM, and I'm as weak as a newborn lamb at level 3.

I recommend this mod if you like feeling that heavy weight of the steam roller's wheel smashing down upon you:

2. Automatic Difficulty Increaser http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28589

This little gem forces the difficulty slider to remain in a certain position that changes as you level up. Customizable in an .ini, but no longer can you break immersion by divinely affecting how strong everyone else is. Those Orc vampires in the Azura Shrine Quest are some bad-ass Samuel L. Jackson m---f---ers. Where's the satisfaction in defeating them if you weren't actually scared to death to face them? Also, 100 hits for a mudcrab just so you can farm your blade skill? Come on. Just use the console to raise your skill at the start if you're character was already a bad-ass before getting arrested. There's no shame in it then.

Hey man, thanks for the suggestion for Automatic Difficulty Increaser. I will absolutely give that a look.

Yea, so I had the difficulty pushed all the left... I didn't even think of checking that. I put it back to the very middle and crap just got hard. Impossible even. I went through a few caves that I was having no problem with and couldn't kill anything. OOO seems awesome!

Now try playing FCOM with the slider on full-right. Right from the beginning. So, so difficult, but very rewarding too.

• 6 years later...

I've got a problem with the mod which would be that it end up back at my normal computer when I have 3 item from it checked and now it won't run only do to them being checked and running and there aren't any conflict problem at all I don't know why it would go back to my normal computer and not run (can't type with the key between a and d do to it being broken that would be why it hard to read )

• 11 months later...

Edit: Just thought of this... downright perfect way. Check your inventory (view all or misc tab) and see if there's an item called Torch Hotkey. It's added from OOO.

Thanks for this. Yes, I do have it. Sounds like OOO is working properly then!

Anyone else looking here, it seems like the torch hotkey is disabled by default in the .ini file of the most recent version of OOO. Make sure it is enabled there before you attempt to confirm OOO installation this way.