Hey

Pineapplerum

Working on my mod. It starts to feel a little repetitive after doing it for awhile. Getting somewhat overwhelmed by just how much there is to do. I chose Skingrad to beautify and I'm now thinking maybe I should have started with a smaller village.

Any words of inspiration? Any tricks of the trade to make it seem less daunting?

I have learned quite a lot. Although I still haven't even started re-texturing or re-meshing. I'm just working with vanilla objects in the game. But so far what I've done-if I may say so myself-looks fabulous!

I've played a little bit with the landscape tool. Wow, that was interesting. Realized the hard way pulling one part of the landscape down is like grabbing a string from a shirt and pulling on it. There's a lot that's pulled out of shape with it. Even if it is divided by a big fat stone wall. Duh. Live and learn. I fixed it. All is good.

Just wanted to pop in and chat. Any ideas? I got tons and tons of statues, planters, plants, trees, shrubs, candles. All of the back yards are going to have gardens and table and chairs where the residents of the home can sit out back and enjoy the sunshine. Too bad there are no hammocks I could use. Lol. Are there any hammock mods? If not, I'd like to eventually make one. That would be so cool to have a hammock hooked up between a couple of beautiful trees.

I'm procrastinating...but seriously, any words of encouragement or anything you can share with me to help make this seem less overwhelming would be appreciated. I only have the part of the town done that when you first walk into the gate and can go through that area under the two bridges to the next gate on the other side. It's really a tiny portion of Skingrad but it's taken me almost a week to do that much.

There's still the two parts of the village, the castle, the bridge to the castle and the land surrounding it. EeeeekS!

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... :wacko:

Working on my mod. It starts to feel a little repetitive after doing it for awhile. Getting somewhat overwhelmed by just how much there is to do. I chose Skingrad to beautify and I'm now thinking maybe I should have started with a smaller village.

Any words of inspiration? Any tricks of the trade to make it seem less daunting?

I have learned quite a lot. Although I still haven't even started re-texturing or re-meshing. I'm just working with vanilla objects in the game. But so far what I've done-if I may say so myself-looks fabulous!

I've played a little bit with the landscape tool. Wow, that was interesting. Realized the hard way pulling one part of the landscape down is like grabbing a string from a shirt and pulling on it. There's a lot that's pulled out of shape with it. Even if it is divided by a big fat stone wall. Duh. Live and learn. I fixed it. All is good.

Just wanted to pop in and chat. Any ideas? I got tons and tons of statues, planters, plants, trees, shrubs, candles. All of the back yards are going to have gardens and table and chairs where the residents of the home can sit out back and enjoy the sunshine. Too bad there are no hammocks I could use. Lol. Are there any hammock mods? If not, I'd like to eventually make one. That would be so cool to have a hammock hooked up between a couple of beautiful trees.

I'm procrastinating...but seriously, any words of encouragement or anything you can share with me to help make this seem less overwhelming would be appreciated. I only have the part of the town done that when you first walk into the gate and can go through that area under the two bridges to the next gate on the other side. It's really a tiny portion of Skingrad but it's taken me almost a week to do that much.

There's still the two parts of the village, the castle, the bridge to the castle and the land surrounding it. EeeeekS!

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... :wacko:

Can't wait to see it when you finish it,right on! :thumbsup:

You can do it,seems like it's almost done,as Skingrad's streets are a bit 'tighter' then the rest of the cities,decorate them less then more clean parts,as you don't want it to lag a lot. ;) Keep up with the good work.

I had to reinstall my Oblivion and CS a couple of days ago,now going through it again,but it's going good,taken how little time I had for modding these last few days.And I have an occasional CS crash when I navigate in exteriors,but oh well,it's going so far.

I finished the exterior almost 100 %,now to pick up the right building for the chapel. :biggrin: ,then interior.

Thanks Darius. I needed a pep talk. I'm very excited. Although the streets are tight I'm decorating the heck out of everything. I'd really like to get inside the interior of the houses too but that'll have to be an add on mod after I've finished this one.

I have a general question though on your or anyone's opinion...I'm including some things from Shivering Isles into Skingrad. Do you think that's okay to do that? I mean, do you think it'll spoil the feel of Skingrad? Not too much-just a few statues and a wall that I think is really cool looking.

I'm learning tons of stuff. I get excited over every little thing new I learn to do.

Why does your CS keep crashing though? That's not good. Must be frustrating. Do you think changing the landscape can make the game crash when you go into an interior? I better check my interiors then. I hope I didn't screw anything up. I'll have to go into each house and building to make sure I didn't mess up anything.

I had to reinstall my Oblivion game and CS too. Lol. I had messed up one of the .niff files by mistake. I won't do that again.

Well, hope everything is up and running smoothly for you now. Let me know when you upload your story. I can't wait to read it. :happy: Have fun!

Pat yourself on the back girl! At least you're in it and moving along. I've only compiled ideas, read the tutorial my mod partner developed to teach me to add clutter, and written one book in a love story series quest. I'm long on ideas, short on work, lol

I'm just learning to do videos, so I'm all proud and excited about that. At least I'll be able to do video trailers of our mod when..um..."we" get finished :tongue:

I can't wait to see what you've done. I think adding something from SI could be very appropriate if placed in the right spot. Skingrad is a little tight on space as far as buildings/streets go. I think your idea of having back yards decorated is very nice! You hang in there, YOU CAN DO IT!! :thumbsup:

I sure miss your old avatar btw, it was so kewl!