Water combat

Nadin

I am familair with those flags. That one in particular is most likely a left over from Oblivion as there is no underwater combat in Fallout 3. On the discusion tab of the Animation wiki page, someone asked your question. This was the response from Cipscis (most likely the best scriptor around):

Some of them are probably left over from Oblivion. For example, if I remember correctly there can never be any combat in water in Fallout 3 so that one almost certainly has no function.

I am sorry, but I just do not think its possible.

It is too bad. I had wanted to make an underwater fight scene myself. I made this whole submerged level. There was even animated water so you could watch it rise and fall. I tried all sorts of things to get stuff to happen underwater, but all of it eventually failed, even the animated water. Once the water was animated, even if it was then disabled, all sorts of weirdness occured (the level turned purple, NPCs still swam through the purple ether, and combat was inactive). I also experimented with water placed up in the sky above megaton and swam through the bottom and out of its edges. Again all sorts of weirdness occured. For whatever reason, Bethesda just did not code enough to account for being in water under so many circumstances. They just turned off all sorts of features, like combat, to make it easier on themselves.