Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

Are there still high demand problems?

AFAIK there are no sales running at the mo.

My NMM manger seems to be able to get through and download ok about 50% of the time but manual downloads are impossible.

Aaaaaand unfortunately there is one critical mod (that supports a lot of others) which isn't NMM download compatible. . . been waiting to get it for hours now and ALL the servers are busy ALL the time.

Doesn't even seem to be a queuing or live update system in place, repeatedly clicking the download link for hours and preying for a slot seems to be it.

I guess if I'm up against automated requests from 1000's of NMM installs I don't stand a hope in hell do I?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #17562739.

While what you posted is an IP address and not a name of anything, I think you're referring to the bogus advertisements auto-opening a new tab or auto-redirecting your current tab to a website trying to install a fake Java update on your system.

I had it happen on deviantArt as well a while ago, but they failed to convince me of being legit, because their German translation was horrible while Java's real distributor, Oracle, knows German perfectly. So I didn't permit their download attempt and didn't run their malware installer, knowing it was 'not' Java.

Dark0ne already had a talk about this with the ad-providers the site uses, as the site cannot control what ads are displayed and what aren't, and to further complicate things the selection is region-based as well. And from what I read some things will be changed about it soon. It's posted in the official forums though, so you can as well just go and have a look for yourself.

It's not coming from the site or the files hosted here. It's only the ads again, as always. Edited by DrakeTheDragon

In response to post #17559139. #17570074 is also a reply to the same post.

We've had an automated server selection/queue in place, but people said manual server selection was better... so we reverted to a manual selection list (and because people click continuously on the download links this overloads the servers even more than usual, expecially compared to the automatic server selection).

The mod you are trying to download, was it uploaded recently? It takes some time to sync the new files to the fileservers.

We have an experimental system in place you can try by clicking "Experimental: download using CDN" that uses an external network to download files, have you tried it?

I haven't been able to download anything lately. It says all of the servers are syncing or whatever, and the link to download them (besides the premium ones) are not there. What's going on? Is anyone else having this issue?

This just started to happen to me yesterday, the day before that I was able to download some mods.