Skyrim vs Oblivion Monsters

Lehcar

What are monsters you miss, and monsters you DON'T miss, from Oblivion?

I like Skyrim's ghosts and zombies (the Draugr, which are also somewhat like mummies) a lot better than Oblivion's. I know it sounds childish, but in Oblivion, those things weren't very tough enemies, but they seriously scared the daylights out of me, especially the ghosts. When I was a lot younger those things could almost make me pee myself. In Skyrim though, they're less outright creepy, have more lore and backstory, and just feel like more of a battle-worthy foe. I like.

I also like the giants a lot better than the ogres, because the ogres were just... blegh. Boring. I'm also glad that goblins weren't included in Skyrim, for the same reason.

And.... WEREWOLVES FINALLY RETURN!!!! YAY!!!!! (and I like the Werebears in Dragonborn a lot more than the Wereboars in Daggerfall, because those just seemed like really silly monsters.)

On the other hand I kind of miss the Minotaurs and the Land Dreughs. I don't know why, but I just liked those guys for some reason. I also miss the Unicorn, even though it was a jerk and would try to kill you.

Edited by Lehcar

The only creatures I miss are Daedra. Even then, I miss Winged Twilights the most.

Everything else i feel Skyrim improved on dramatically. Particularly those miscoloured, comedic zombies... Seriously, did Bethesda wary a B Horror befoe making those?

I miss the Dark Seducers and Golden Saints. They were delightful coolsauce.

I for one dream of a day when we get all of the Daedra back. A new version of the Vermai, maybe that skitters along walls in the dark, would be terrifying, and being chased by Herne's through the forest would be awesome.

I actually have a bunch of daedra sketches I should scan...