Cant get OBMM to work!

esquire6667

For some reason, everytime i download and try to install Oblivion Mod Manager, it says something about a limited user and that I cant use the entire mod manager. All that pops up is a screen that tells me what mods I have already in the data files. I know how to use OBMM( used it at my friends place) but what pops up is nothing like it. Any tips?

There are 2 kinds of users on a windows computer. A limited user who does not have the authority to make system level changes, and an administrator who does. A single computer can have many administrator accounts. and a single user can have both types. But only one account of either type can be used at a time. The account can be switched without rebooting though. Many programs require administrative privileges - such as OBMM. To get an administrator account, it must be created by someone who already has an administrator account. A limited user account can be changed to an administrator account with no other changes to the account. But again, it must be done by an existing administrator.

This still sounds like a windows issue and not an OBSE issue. Is your windows fully patched? Which windows are you using? If XP Are you patched to SR3?

Try creating a new account. make it an Administrator account. log off. power down. Start the computer and log into the new account then try installing OBSE in that account.

Im using Windows 7 and it is fully patched. Does OBMM even work on Windows 7?

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, and it works like a charm. Even better, I would dare say.

No need for administrative privileges, compatibility modes or anything like that.

All that I needed was the "Exit Crash" fix, and done, smooth.

The thing is, Windows 7 HATES when programs mess with C.\ProgramFiles subdirectories and files on them that are not assigned to them.

The easiest way to fix it, is to install games in a saparate directory.

I install them in D:\Games, for example.

No annoying warnings, and games work better.