Cant get OBMM to work!

esquire6667

• 4 weeks later...

do you guys know a webstie that i can get OBMM at

Yes, here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

And if anyone has the "You are not an admin" message, you can just right click on OBMM and click run as administrator or whatever, thats how I do it!

Kudo's mate. You have single handedly solved the most annoying problem, with such a simple solution.

• 4 months later...

I can only install the game to a C:\ drive and therefore continues to say that i am a limited user when i know for a fact that i am not

You should still be able to install it to c:\Games\Oblivion - that'll stop the UAC biting. Once that is done, other stuff becomes far easier to fix.

Thsank you so much for your help. Im suck a n00b it's untrue, but gotta start somewhere. Your going to hate me now, but........my mods dont work, ive downloaded the unofficial patch and custom race fix to start with a downloaded race and downloaded a few races but it doent let me choose them in the beginning?? little help please :)

@willpulfo:

If you have WinXP the default install location works fine. However if you have either Vista or Win7, You will run into a Windows feature called UAC which will not allow certain changes. It will play the base (vanilla) game fine, but as soon as you start making changes - Like mods - it will block them without bothering to tell you.

Also, for many mods to work, you MUST have the latest patch installed, and/or OBSE. Read the documentation on any mods to see what else may be needed.

Best fix, uninstall the entire game and reinstall in a location that UAC will not mess with - Anything else is a kluge and will eventually cause other problems. Disabling UAC leaves a back door unlocked for viruses to get in.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

As for installing a custom race, that is usually done through installing the mod properly and activating it. However, It would help us to help you if you told us what custom race you are dealing with and how you went about installing it.