Geck Landscaping Problem HELP PLEASE!!

KDStudios

Hey, I am currently in the making of a mod that creates an underwater town complete with buildings, cars, loot and a nice bed to kip in =) Everything is laid out, Everything has been added, all tests in geck and in game have been perfect.... except for one kinda BIG problem. Well its not a problem but its obviously something wrong.

Here is the issue:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/47612e1f5b.jpg

As you can see, the "land" is raised. But I can walk through it, and when tilting the mouse under it, I can see everything perfectly... Where has this come from? and How can I get rid of it?

This is how it looks in the geck:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/538c49ac77.jpg

I am guessing that you lowered the terrain so that the original landscape LOD is visible. That is why your character appears to be waist deep in mud. You would need to regenerate landscape LOD in order to remove it. That is approximately an 8 hour process because the entire Wasteland is regenerated. Unless you find a way to cull away all of the regenerated cells that are unrelated to your mod then your new LOD will overwrite any other Wasteland mods loaded before it in a player's load order. Compatibility issue.

The floating trees are most likely a result of you deleting vanilla trees. Now the tree LODs for them stay in the original location and regenerating tree LOD will not make them go away because there is nothing for them to link to. Much better to simply move them. Drop them below the landscape level if you want them gone. Then regenerating tree LODs will move them to follow the macro trees. Otherwise you are stuck with floating ghost trees.

I am guessing that you lowered the terrain so that the original landscape LOD is visible. That is why your character appears to be waist deep in mud. You would need to regenerate landscape LOD in order to remove it. That is approximately an 8 hour process because the entire Wasteland is regenerated. Unless you find a way to cull away all of the regenerated cells that are unrelated to your mod then your new LOD will overwrite any other Wasteland mods loaded before it in a player's load order. Compatibility issue.

The floating trees are most likely a result of you deleting vanilla trees. Now the tree LODs for them stay in the original location and regenerating tree LOD will not make them go away because there is nothing for them to link to. Much better to simply move them. Drop them below the landscape level if you want them gone. Then regenerating tree LODs will move them to follow the macro trees. Otherwise you are stuck with floating ghost trees.

Thanks a lot for the reply, about half an hour before you commented this I thought of that and started doing just that. But after all this time it is just sat on "Chunk 4/1360" and "Building Halfedge Mesh..." I know it will take a while but I'd have expected it to move even slightly... But thanks for confirming it =) Kudos for the help anyway =)

Could it just be sat there because of my Windows 7 Ultimate OS? I know the Geck has problems with Vista and a little less with W7, just wondering if that could be affecting the seemingly none movement of progress...

KDS

I had no excessive trouble with the GECK and Vista. I have no experience with Windows 7. I was not exaggerating about the time it takes to generate LOD though. I have heard of it taking longer than 8 hours, but it was between 8 and 9 for me.

Here is a link to an LOD related thread, in case you are interested: http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=126510

I had no excessive trouble with the GECK and Vista. I have no experience with Windows 7. I was not exaggerating about the time it takes to generate LOD though. I have heard of it taking longer than 8 hours, but it was between 8 and 9 for me.

Here is a link to an LOD related thread, in case you are interested: http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=126510

Thanks a lot for your help, it fixed my problem and yeah it did take a few hours (about 4 n half), Had to restart it though. Now I just need to figure out which file is which for my mod so I can distribute it.

Thanks again

KDS