PC switching itself off - please have a look

Alright guys, well I have a very frustrating problem. While playing, in this case, Skyrim. The computer will suddenly shut down. Sometimes it will restart with just the fans going and nothing else. Sometimes it will not restart at all.

My old specs:

msi z87 gaming mobo

corsair 650w psu

i7 4770 non k stock cooler

8 gb ddr3 ram

msi gtx 770 gaming not overclocked

3 Case fans

2tb hdd

128gb ssd for windows

Right so I could run skyrim no problem on this setup and did so for over a year. heavily modded with oh so many texture mods, enb etc.

I then went out and bought some parts. This is my new PC

msi z87 gaming mobo

corsair RM 750 gold psu

i7 4770 non k stock cooler

16 gb ddr3

msi gtx 780 ti not overclocked

4 case fans

2tb hdd

128gb ssd for windows

So, things were fine. A couple of shut downs randomly while suring the web after install, not while doing anything strenuous.

Now though when running Skyrim and my graphics card gets to around 71-74 degrees the fans kick in and get loud. Then, the pc will switch itself off. Now these temps are completely normal for the 780ti.

The cpu is running between 60 and 65 degrees on all cores. Which I have been told is normal and no problem.

I don't overclock, so I am completely stumped.

When I first installed this card/psu/extra ram/extra fan I ran benchmarks like unegine. There was no problem at all and no shutdowns.

While playing skyrim there was no problem up until about 2 days ago and now it is a very regular occurence.

My fps doesn't dip below 60 although the vram is at about 95% in outdoors areas (normal for Skyrim).

Could this be a motherboard bios issue? I did use Live Update to update the bios.

I hope my psu or graphics card aren't dying as they were expensive and are pretty much brand new.

Going to run some benchmarks to see whats going on.

Any help is appreciated or if there is any info you need to know help deduce the problem.

Sorry for the long post, I am very frustrated!

Thanks in advance

The first thing I suspect is your motherboard since it looks like that was not replaced and it would cause those symptoms. Especially since you are essentially having the same issues again after changing out most other suspect parts. Of course there is the possibility that your case is not venting efficiently and warm/hot air is lingering inside in certain areas instead of venting in and out cleanly. I suspect the motherboard is the issue though.

You can always open the case and run it with a box fan, or similar, straight into the case side and see if that helps. If that helps then your motherboard is more than likely the issue. If it does not help, then your motherboard is still probably the issue. :)