Mod idea - replace Bobbleheads with memory modules

tassadarfanboy

Hello Fallout Nexus,

Firstly, although I have only recently registered, I must say I'm in awe at the works of this modding community for quite some time. I can't imagine playing Fallout 3 without your mods anymore.

Now, onto the subject: The Vault-Tec Bobbleheads, although seemingly a neat idea at the time of development, are pretty damn unrealistic, I daresay not Fallout-like. If boosting your SPECIAL stats was as easy as picking up a doll and reading a motivational phrase, we'd be seeing toy stores instead of gyms. So, why not do the stat-raising the old fashioned way of Fallout 1 and 2, that is to say, computer-assisted surgery from the Brotherhood of Steel? The plan is to replace the bobblehead with memory modules for physical enhancement at the Citadel using an old pre-war computer stored there. Put in the respective missing memory memory and one week later of recovery: New enhanced stats, the Fallout way.

As for the skill bobbleheads, one could use either the limited edition Cat's Paw magazines or maybe some other kind of pre-war learning holotapes or books.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this suggestion has been posted before.