Don't have to have sex with Morrigan?

Lehcar

Don't ask me to explain why, but I do not like Morrigan at all. I absolutely hate this character with a burning passion, mkay?

That's why it really grinds my gears that the only way to get a "good" ending is to screw her and get her knocked up. Which sucks because if I refuse, either my poor man/woman or Alistair inevitably dies, treating me with an extremely lame and depressing ending. :(

If I'm a woman, I must convince my uber cute boytoy Alistair to have sex with and knock up some super evil, creepy witch girl in some freaky "magic ritual", because otherwise he will kill himself at the end? And I even get treated to a cutscene of this slimy wench seducing my character's loverman?! WHAT?! This totally sucks! I absolutely despise that. The idea of my beloved Alistair putting the digs on that evil skank is just mortifying to me. And the thought of another woman having my man's baby is both horrible, heartbreaking, and also enraging, and just feels horribly wrong in so many ways.

Same with when I'm a man. Just to stay alive, I have to screw some freaky, evil little wench so she can run off with my" divine" illegitimate brat, and maybe grind it's bones into bread flour for all anyone knows?? Big NOOOOOOOOO. :(

Yeah, I know it's only a video game, you don't need to tell me that. But I actually find this personally very upsetting, because if I were in either of those situations in real life, I would find it extremely distressing. I would never accept that. I would never be able to live with such knowledge. It would drive me into madness.

It just really, REALLY bothers me. A lot. Extremely.

...Okay. Getting to the point. Please tell me there is a mod out there somewhere that either gets rid of the requirement for the "Morrigan's 'Ritual' " quest entirely, or makes it completely passive optional to knock her up... as in one that allows me to still get my fairy tale ending without the spawning of any demonic bastards or having to force my lover to cheat on me?

If not is there at least some other mod out there that will alter this particular part of the story or the quest in a way that will make me feel a little better? :(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate morrigan too, and i agree with you, i havent found no mod or no way round it sorry. but if your a guy u can still get alistair to knock her up. But even as a male character i feel distressed too. :(

Noo...! Alistair is MINE! We lost our virginity together and I want me to be his only! :(

Besides, Morrigan spends the whole game constantly mocking him and belittling and insulting him. They're oil and water for god's sake! Them suddenly screwing each other is so mind bogglingly ironic it's too strange and too whack for me to handle. I can't stand it. The two just don't go to together I tell you! It's wrong! It's the unholiest union ever! It's wrong in so many ways! Its just ugh unthinkable! THEY JUST DON'T MIX!!! THEY CANT MAKE A BABY TOGETHER!!!!!!! IT'S UNTHINKABLE!!!!!! RAAAAAAH!!!!!!! :'(

While it HURT to send Alistair to Morrigan's bed, as a storyteller I rather liked the icky moral quandary. There was no easy solution--one way or the other, something unpleasant had to happen.

Frankly, that's the only thing I found really great about Awakening, as well. Several times, there are decision points where neither decision is one I was terribly happy to have to make.

Ugh. It kills me inside. I love Alistair and I wish to heck I could find a guy like him the real world!

Well, if there's no way around it I guess then I'm just gonna play as a boy from now on. The potential love matches [besides that awful witch obv] for guys aren't as satisfying (I don't think Leliana is that great, and Zevran is just ugh), but hey at least it's a little less painful doing the hideous myself than forcing my beloved to do it....

Arrrrggghh makes me not want to play the game at all. Makes me too sad.

I so badly want a way around it.... either that or I'll just choose to die. grr

I was quiet content knocking her up lol

I live, my friend lives, s'all good. All I have to say is (and if you've read some of my other comments on the demon child you know what's comming), I WANT MA BABY BACK! lol

Heh I guess this would be a bad place to mention that there's conjecture that Alistair and Morrigan might be from the same father? Or would that be incredibly evil of me to say that by marrying Alistair you may be getting Morrigan as a sister-in-law? Or that their kid could end up being inbred?

Ok, ok, I'm done being evil now. ;..;

One thing I've learned about this game, is that there is definitely cases in here where you have to make choices that you really don't like. Or that sometimes, there's nothing that you can do about some of the bad things that happen.

I suppose that a mod could be done to change this, though it would seriously clash with the storyline. One of the options in that dialog could be changed so that she would accept Riordan as a candidate, and then just kill the cutscene (since you all seem to hate her so much) of the coupling. Or alter it to reflect Riordan instead of Alistair, the Player, or Rogain. Errrr Loghain. The changed dialog would have to be set to trigger the flag that the ritual had been completed though too.

Also there's a mod that allows you to take the final blow instead of Al.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=897 I'm surprised you didnt mention that, Chibievil :wink: