Don't have to have sex with Morrigan?

Lehcar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the options in that dialog could be changed so that she would accept Riordan as a candidate, and then just kill the cutscene (since you all seem to hate her so much) of the coupling. Or alter it to reflect Riordan instead of Alistair, the Player, or Rogain. Errrr Loghain. The changed dialog would have to be set to trigger the flag that the ritual had been completed though too.

I'm kind of surprised there was NOT an option to recommend Riordan instead. It's certainly a legitimate option, and it sounds like a very artificial way to force the player to make this choice.

When does Morrigan say that Danscott? LOL I luv it, but i cant figure out why she would say it? I have yet to hear wynnes confession of a son and all too. 15 play throughs and so far zilch! lol

It's in the dialogue with Isabela at the Pearl. There are several in that patch I didn't even know about until playing with the toolset looking at different dialogue sets, and she has quite a few that are really funny. Oghren is still the best, but Morrigan has quite a few.

Well I guess it can be somewhat justified if you're not in a relationship with her. But not if you are in a romance with her.

Seriously, what the heck? "Even though all I wanted from you from the beginning was your d*ck in me, I really love you, but now I just HAVE HAVE HAVE to run off with your kid to Maker-knows-where to resume my swamp hermit lifestyle. I love you, but you can't ever see me again. And you can never, EVER see your own child, either. Bye!"

Sorry, but that doesn't sound very loving to me. Not in the least. There is absolutely NO REASON why she "has" to leave at the end, or why you can't see her or your own goddamn baby EVER AGAIN. Someone who truly loves you would never do something that low and sh*tty to you.

Ah yes, my poor mage was so heartbroken. I'm currently writing a fanfic that ends with him committing suicide out of heartbreak, grief, and guilt as a result of everything that happened.

Regardless of her intentions...she saves your life by doing it....and you get laid (a secondary benefit). You would die without the ritual...even worse, your soul would be annihlated. I say it's a fair trade.

there actually is a thread asking why not Riordan, and Morrigan explains, that he has been tainted for to long for the ritual to work. SO it has to be alistair or yourself if playing a male toon. Lol Dan I simply must try them all there!

Yeah, the "needs to have been not tainted for very long" reasoning seems like nothing more than a cheap hand-wave excuse just to force us to make a sadistic choice. Seriously what difference does it make if you've had the taint for one year, or thirty years?

Aside from the fact that it puts a lot of strain on your body to the point where one day it can't handle it anymore and you go mad and eventually die off or become a ghoul/broodmother... it's not like anything actually changes about the taint itself. At least not so much that it should have any affect your gamete's ability to draw the archdemon's soul to a hapless embryo...

Yeah, the "needs to have been not tainted for very long" reasoning seems like nothing more than a cheap hand-wave excuse just to force us to make a sadistic choice. Seriously what difference does it make if you've had the taint for one year, or thirty years?

Aside from the fact that it puts a lot of strain on your body to the point where one day it can't handle it anymore and you go mad and eventually die off or become a ghoul/broodmother... it's not like anything actually changes about the taint itself. At least not so much that it should have any affect your gamete's ability to draw the archdemon's soul to a hapless embryo...

I disagree. A young life would correspondingly need someone freshly tainted rather than someone not. Why does Flemeth need young female flesh? Same reasons likely.

And I see you can't refute my point about Morrigan saving you.... :tongue:

She saved me, yet she says she loves me but runs off anyway. WTH

And no, I don't see why an older Warden couldn't do it, it's still a silly excuse just to force us to make a hard chocie.

This game is all about hard choices...for better or worse. Kind of like real life; no happy endings.

• 1 year later...

Wow, too bad I missed this thread an any others like it. Also apologies for Necro'ing and continuing this thread if it's against policy.

First of all Freaking HUGE thanks to my hero Thandal for the solution. :salute:

Secondly, Stardusk I can refute your Morrigian points and the whole idea about hard choices, well until I've heard otherwise. I don't even hate Morrigan just the false premise the writers created to feign hard choices.

The reason the ending is wrong becasue it's a completely false choice, this is the REAL ending with Loghain being sacrificed to redeem his crimes. The reason it's a false choice is becasue the writing doesn't allow Alistair the intelligence to see this and his only response is to become an alcoholic.

The reason Morrigan's writing and premise is false is becasue of everything she is willing to scarifice if she is wrong, e.g. the idea she believes everything Flemeth says or writes is accurate, full proof and without flaw. She repeatable is suspicious (rightly so) the entire game. I actually like a lot about Morrigan's character but it falls off a cliff at the end. It's easy to see her having to struggle with being around others. Imagine the worst case scenario of an only child, never learning to share. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of noble things she does and says if you talk to her and treat her well, i.e as a non evil player. The false premise comes from, in the ending she is making decisions based solely for her personal benefit quite probably at the expense of their world. This is against where her character and the game grew into, the entire time as a non evil play through.

It was really bad writing or game design if the writer was forced to write these endings. So just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with writing as an evil ending but not as a game that pulls the rug out from under the player, just becasue they are trying to be dramatic. False choices. :wink: