Don't have to have sex with Morrigan?

Lehcar

[Landsmeet Spoiler]

If you spare Loghain, you can take him with you to the final battle, and have him kill the Archdemon. Then either Loghain sacrifices himself, or he lives but he was the one to do the ritual with Morrigan the night before.

And if you hardened Alistair, he won't run away even if you spared Loghain. But needless to say he won't be happy with you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Major SPOILER ALERT]

Ok, so this may or may not be what you're looking for...

Using a well-known, (and built-in) capability, it *is* possible to reject Morrigan and her ritual completely and still defeat the Archdemon without sacificing anyone about whom you care (including yourself!)

The following steps are the "minimal intervention" way. (Obviously one could achieve the same final result while employing the, ummmm... help, earlier.)

1. Execute Loghain at the conclusion of the Landsmeet.

2. When time to choose your final crew, leave Alistair to guard the Gates at Denerim, or the big lug will rush to "do the deed" anyway.

3. Make a (Named) Saved at some point inside Ft. Drakkon. (I do this right just outside the roof-top door that leads to the "Last Battle", but really, anytime after entering is fine.)

4. Exit and re-start DA:O with the command console option.

5. When you're ready, start the console and use:

runscript zz_addparty Loghain

to add Anora's father (now evidently resurrected and Joined) to your group.

NOTE: Since you have never had him on your team before, you will NOT be able to adjust his tactics to ensure he heals himself when necessary. And since you won't be able to "tell" him to use potions either, be sure you have a healer with you and that they focus on him. The whole point is to have both of you around at the end.

6. At the appropriate point he requests being allowed to strike the killing blow. A request which you are more than happy to grant.

And there you go! There is one "Post Coronation" bit of dialogue that's off. Anora asks how her father met his end, even though she witnessed the Landsmeet. (Alistar isn't sure how/why you survived either, but in that case one of the offered responses works very well for the situation.)

Anyway, Morrigan denied, Blight defeated, and Alistair still your friend/lover/consort (as you decided earlier.)

Have Fun! :thumbsup:

Hmm, interesting. Probably not something I would do, though. Like I said, I like the icky moral quandary. We're talking about a war, about the survival of an entire nation, possibly even an entire continent. The answers about how to stop it shouldn't be all pat. They should be messy and uncomfortable and requiring some sacrifice.

Hmm, interesting. Probably not something I would do, though. Like I said, I like the icky moral quandary. We're talking about a war, about the survival of an entire nation, possibly even an entire continent. The answers about how to stop it shouldn't be all pat. They should be messy and uncomfortable and requiring some sacrifice.

Ambrya; I share your feelings on this. One of my favorite aspects of DA:O is the unusual (for a game) difficulties the relationship/dialogue options generate. Having to make the best of it when there are no good options, and not enough information about the likely outcomes of even the (apparently) less bad ones, is refreshingly realistic.

That said, the poster had obviously played through to the finish at least once, but now wanted a do-over that, unlike in RL, *is* possible in Thedas. I certainly share *that* feeling as well.

Here's to having it turn-out the way you want, at least in a fictional world!

• 1 month later...

She's a cold, selfish, shrewd little !@#$% who only followed me because she wanted to get into my pants. And she puts my character in a horribly painful and heart-wrenching position by either sacraficing themself or Alistair/Loghain, or sticking their tool into her swamp-disease filled gully hole and letting her run off with their demon child to do Maker-knows-what with the poor, hapless kid.

If her mother sent her off with detailed instructions solely to get into my Warden's pants, why did she act so surprised and reluctant when her mother told her to go with me??

This is why I usually kick her out of the party ASAP. I never have any use for her anyways, Wynne is a helluva lot better character, and gives my team all the magic it needs. :yes: