Don't have to have sex with Morrigan?

Lehcar

Not quite...

The timeline is such that Flemeth's appearance in DA2 (and I admit at this point that I have not played DA2 in its entirety to know if she appears more than once) occurs right after the Darkspawn take Lothering (this is where DA2 begins).

Correct. From her little aside ("... If I know my Morrigan.") her appearance to rescue the Hawkes during the Prologue in DA2 occurs well before the Warden would have had a chance to do anything at all about her back in Fereldan. If the Warden ignores the "Grimoire" side-quest completely, no matter.

I must admit, I haven't ever finished DAO without helping Morri in this. I'm at a point in my current playthrough where I could go this route. (Am also trying to wind-up with a different ruler on the Throne than I ever have.) Be interesting to see how the final scene in Witch Hunt might change based on this choice... :turned:

Well you got me there ... I probably should have specified Flemeth's 'resurrection' on Sundermount, as this would normally occur a minimum 1 year but probably no more than 2 years after the events in the prologue, as you would 'normally' do the amulet quest and acquire Merril fairly early in Act 1, this would (probably) correspond fairly closely to the Grimoire Quest ... But I guess it does 'assume' a lot about you're play through of DA:O. Because I did the quest and killed Flemeth for Morrigan, my thoughts were "you sly, clever old *censored*, you had an escape all planned' but if you didn't do the quest In DA:O you'd probably be thinking "WTH is she talking about?"

I still think Morrigan is just misunderstood, she often shows genuine cracks in her tough exterior and she just needs someone to show her some unconditional love to bring out the 'good' in her (<sigh> don't we all?)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real question is: Why wouldn't you want to have sex with Morrigan? I find her to actually be quite reasonable. Btw, I'm about ten hours into the game and I have her disposition almost maxed. Leliana, meanwhile, is not even in my party. I never even let her join. I hate Leliana.

I'm still on my first playthrough, but Morrigan grated on me from the first moment I saw her and has yet to redeem herself. I definitely don't want to see her naked if I can avoid it.

[Major SPOILER ALERT]

Ok, so this may or may not be what you're looking for...

Using a well-known, (and built-in) capability, it *is* possible to reject Morrigan and her ritual completely and still defeat the Archdemon without sacificing anyone about whom you care (including yourself!)

The following steps are the "minimal intervention" way. (Obviously one could achieve the same final result while employing the, ummmm... help, earlier.)

1. Execute Loghain at the conclusion of the Landsmeet.

2. When time to choose your final crew, leave Alistair to guard the Gates at Denerim, or the big lug will rush to "do the deed" anyway.

3. Make a (Named) Saved at some point inside Ft. Drakkon. (I do this right just outside the roof-top door that leads to the "Last Battle", but really, anytime after entering is fine.)

4. Exit and re-start DA:O with the command console option.

5. When you're ready, start the console and use:

runscript zz_addparty Loghain

to add Anora's father (now evidently resurrected and Joined) to your group.

NOTE: Since you have never had him on your team before, you will NOT be able to adjust his tactics to ensure he heals himself when necessary. And since you won't be able to "tell" him to use potions either, be sure you have a healer with you and that they focus on him. The whole point is to have both of you around at the end.

6. At the appropriate point he requests being allowed to strike the killing blow. A request which you are more than happy to grant.

And there you go! There is one "Post Coronation" bit of dialogue that's off. Anora asks how her father met his end, even though she witnessed the Landsmeet. (Alistar isn't sure how/why you survived either, but in that case one of the offered responses works very well for the situation.)

Anyway, Morrigan denied, Blight defeated, and Alistair still your friend/lover/consort (as you decided earlier.)

Have Fun! :thumbsup:

A couple of questions about this- I'm not too savvy just yet, but I'd guess this is something you'd do with the computer. Is there a way to do this on Xbox?

Also, does this whole quandry only come into play if you add the Witch Hunt expansion? And if so, is there a way to remove it?

Welcome, Cadence!

I'm still on my first playthrough, but Morrigan grated on me from the first moment I saw her and has yet to redeem herself. I definitely don't want to see her naked if I can avoid it.

[My previous instructions snipped...]

A couple of questions about this- I'm not too savvy just yet, but I'd guess this is something you'd do with the computer. Is there a way to do this on Xbox?

Also, does this whole quandry only come into play if you add the Witch Hunt expansion? And if so, is there a way to remove it?

So, to answer your questions in order:

1. No, mods are only for the computer (PC/Mac) version. (You might also want to read the Site Owner's policy on this:

Console modding is not supported here.)

2. No, the issue being discussed is part of the the core game. This problem must be addressed one way or another to reach the end of DA:O. Depending on how one decides to play it, certain elements may (or may not) be present later in Witch Hunt.

But...

This entire thread was started because some people didn't like any of the alternative ways to resolve the final dilemma presented to the player by BioWare. They wanted to achieve some mutually exclusive results. Even with just the vanilla game there are several ways to finish it without "having to have sex with Morrigan." Just f'rinstance, BioWare did not make Morrigan bisexual. So if one is playing a Fem!Warden, that option is closed out anyway!

There are at least three other ways to get to the solution, although a couple of them are also mutually exclusive. And if the objections to this particular one are based on not wanting the Player's Warden to be Morri's partner, ("In_Love", or not) and not on objections to the underlying purpose, there are a couple more ways around that. (Which are also mutually exclusive. :tongue: )

And (although you didn't ask, you did bring up the subject...) unless you're playing on a computer and install the (in)appropriate mods from a site like this, you'll never see ANY character actually naked! :biggrin:

So have fun!

• 5 months later...

But she gets pregnant if you do it with her... that's extremely un-sexy. :mellow:

Unplanned pregnancy is NOT cool. And demon pregnancy is even worse (hundredfold!), especially when the father was pressured or guilt-tripped into doing it. :down:

Well... this particular pregancy is the exact opposite of "unplanned". :mellow:

I think the offer, (and its acceptance or rejection) is about the most honest exchange in the game. The stakes, of course, are the highest. But (for me) that just adds to the poignancy, regardless of the outcome.

I don't know why, but I happened to hit upon Lechar's post from two years ago and thought it was from last week. So I replied.

Post is still accurate, but incredibly dated now... :rolleyes:

Am I the only one that plays the game as an RPG?

Let's see, since I am so familiar with the origin stories I can pre plan what I would like any particular character to be. For example city elves.

My first city elf was hugely racist, with only Morrigan being acceptable because she is a nature based witch also on the outs with humanity. We killed Wynne in the tower, piddled on Andraste's ashes and berated Alistair at every opportunity, fell in love with Zevran and helped the abused commoners of the Dwarves.

My next city elf was more reasonable (male), and buddied up to Alistair recognizing that we could get concessions from him for my people if we helped him.

My first human noble was ra ra Chantry, hated Morrigan the Apostate and considered Wynne an underling, loved Leliana, helped the Werewolves, helped the conservative Dwarves, Saved the Forge and all manner of other pro-human activities.

So, on and on. Pick a path. You might hate Morrigan, but shouldn't you try on a different skin?

Ah, ya, most of these posts are really old heh, but whatever.

I know this is an aging thread, but Morrigan really isn't that bad. She's by far the most intelligent person in the party. Why does everyone seem to think that it's a worthwhile expenditure of time or a worthwhile risk to save an orphan when the Blight rushes ever onward? Leave the orphan to its fate and save literally everyone else in the world. If the heroes get killed trying to save one kid, what happens to the world? Are we to postpone the whole darkspawn invasion on his account?

That isn't the only example, but I think the point has been made.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you ladies who want Alistair to be faithful. I stumbled upon a trick that COULD help you if you don't want Alistair to shecks Morrigan up the bum. I don't know 100% if it will work though.

I stumbled onto this bug in my first play-through. I did not enjoy Dragon Age 1 back in 2009. My opinion has changed since then, because of the wonderful mods. But in my first play-through in 2009, I cheated my way through the game.

In my first game Alistair executed Loghain, but then I unintentionally brought Loghain back to life so he ended in my party.

Step 1:

Have Alistair kill Loghain.

Step 2:

Once you're on the world map and can travel freely again.. before going to redcliffe. Bring up the console.

Type in: "runscript selectparty" . Just select some random members.

NOTE:What this command also does, is enable ALL possible followers. (Don't use this normally. It breaks the game!!)

Loghain will be recruitable, but he will be invisible.

Step 3:

Go to redcliffe and iniate the talk with Morrigan.

MAYBE, you can have Loghain doink her up the bum, instead of Alistair.

Wether this works or not, an invisible Loghain will say good bye to you before you go and kill the arch-demon. In the epilouge he will travel to the deep roads and die. Alistair will function as normal (become king for instance).

Best of luck, girl wardens.

@Zinodin;

You've reiterated the method described (in less crude terms) in Post #14 of this topic.

(Oh, and no need to go to Redcliffe. You can wait until you're on the rooftop with Archie before invoking the console command. :thumbsup: )