Weird OBSE bug - Can't find fix

AleksiU

Does it run without OBSE? To find out, you will have to remove all mods - Not just disable them. Here's how (completely reversible)

Bben's Oblivion Revert to Vanilla game

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=340

In your case I would remove all of the OBSE files from the Oblivion folder also.

After you get the vanilla game to work, add OBSE (not the mods, just the OBSE) and try it. If that works, add a mod that needs OBSE - complete reinstall of the mod, not a copy from the backup you made. If that works, you may try reversing the procedure to put your original mods back. If it fails then, you will know it is a mod and not OBSE

You are the man, that helped it was OBGE.dll in OBSE Plugins that was the problem I tried those instructions you linked me and done a little troubleshooting and found that was the problem, Oblivion is up and running with many, many mods :thumbsup:

**SOLVED**

Does it run without OBSE? To find out, you will have to remove all mods - Not just disable them. Here's how (completely reversible)

Bben's Oblivion Revert to Vanilla game

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=340

In your case I would remove all of the OBSE files from the Oblivion folder also.

After you get the vanilla game to work, add OBSE (not the mods, just the OBSE) and try it. If that works, add a mod that needs OBSE - complete reinstall of the mod, not a copy from the backup you made. If that works, you may try reversing the procedure to put your original mods back. If it fails then, you will know it is a mod and not OBSE

You are the man, that helped it was OBGE.dll in OBSE Plugins that was the problem I tried those instructions you linked me and done a little troubleshooting and found that was the problem, Oblivion is up and running with many, many mods :thumbsup:

**SOLVED**

Are you the OP??

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Using Windows 7 and I'm receiving the same "can't find oblivion.exe" even though ive uninstalled and reinstalled it in the oblivion.exe file, what's more I tried the solution the_vyper gave but i was given 5 tabs not three, and none of them were labelled shortcut nor did any of them have anything that said target.. my oblivion is a steam purchased game

Using Windows 7 and I'm receiving the same "can't find oblivion.exe" even though ive uninstalled and reinstalled it in the oblivion.exe file, what's more I tried the solution the_vyper gave but i was given 5 tabs not three, and none of them were labelled shortcut nor did any of them have anything that said target.. my oblivion is a steam purchased game

It sounds like you installed Oblivion to the default Program Files directory. The Windows 7 UAC tends to cause lots of problems if you do that. Re-install Oblivion outside of the Program Files directory and see if that helps.