Is it possible a Hollywood Movie for Skyrim?

CompanyOfGamers

46 members have voted

1. 1. There should be a movie for Dragonborn?

• Yes, there should be.
    • Yes, there should be, but not just for Dovahkiin, for whole Elder Scrolls Universe.
    • No, there shouldn't be.
  2. 2. If there was a Dragonborn movie, what would its name be for your opinion?

• Dovahkiin: The Dragonborn
    • Dovahkiin: The Last Dragonborn
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Skyrim
    • None of them. (Please tell your suggestion about movie title.)
  3. 3. Will you send e-mails to Bethesda and a Film Producer to the Film be made?

• Yes, I will.
    • Will I? I am not sure about this.
    • I want the movie but; I don't think so.
    • I don't want the movie; so my answer is negative naturally.

I hate hollywood and everything that revolves around it, so no.

Well .. that escalated quickly :ohmy:

Admittedly "Hollywood" has made some ... questionable choices, and created some truly awful films plus some, less than stellar, Game -> Movie conversions, but they have also done some good ones. The recent adaptation of a Marvel's Deadpool was truly inspired.

It'd take someone who truly loves the franchise, and who truly understands it (if such a person exists) but it could be done.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering MOST movies based on games suck so bad that it's simply embarrassing, I don't think TES movie will do any better. Also TES has great lore, but stories are very dull and uninspired, they fit well for game itself, but not the quality level to be exciting as film. That's really odd, game is basically sandbox, story is there just for the simple reason to guide/tutor new player to TES or give something to do when you're utterly bored. I know alot of ppl didn't even touch story in Skyrim, went straight for mods and side stuff. I mean seriously, how could one even imaging making movie out of this?...

Say what you want, I'd watch it. It'd probably suck, but I'd still watch it. So would my friends. And my family. And everyone I know who loves the game. We'd all watch it, and then we'd spend hours arguing about why it sucked/rocked and who should have played Vilkas instead of Hugh Jackman. Now whether it should be done? haha well... there are a lot of films that shouldn't have been done, many of which I own and watch from time to time. I'm just saying. I'd watch it.

Now there's a decent topic for discussion. Not if/should there be a movie, but if there was... who would be cast?

Say what you want, I'd watch it. It'd probably suck, but I'd still watch it. So would my friends. And my family. And everyone I know who loves the game. We'd all watch it, and then we'd spend hours arguing about why it sucked/rocked and who should have played Vilkas instead of Hugh Jackman. Now whether it should be done? haha well... there are a lot of films that shouldn't have been done, many of which I own and watch from time to time. I'm just saying. I'd watch it.

Now there's a decent topic for discussion. Not if/should there be a movie, but if there was... who would be cast?

Lol ... flame/troll bait if ever I read it! But we already know who would play Ulfric ... The same actor who plays him now :)

Lol ... flame/troll bait if ever I read it! But we already know who would play Ulfric ... The same actor who plays him now :smile:

:D Jeff Bridges would make a great Ulfric.

Michael Gambon as Esbern! haha

Lol ... flame/troll bait if ever I read it! But we already know who would play Ulfric ... The same actor who plays him now :smile:

:D Jeff Bridges would make a great Ulfric.

Michael Gambon as Esbern! haha

Lol ... How about Patric Stewart and Ian Mckellan as Greybeards? Judy Dench as Idgrod Ravencrone?

Lol ... How about Patric Stewart and Ian Mckellan as Greybeards? Judy Dench as Idgrod Ravencrone?

Now you're talkin'. Sandra Bullock for Lydia hands down. This one may be more contentious because I can think of six roles for Samuel L Jackson but I'm going to go with... wait for it... the Ebony Warrior. I'm just saying. But they'd have to really write his part up because Samuel L Jackson!

Now you're talkin'. Sandra Bullock for Lydia hands down. This one may be more contentious because I can think of six roles for Samuel L Jackson but I'm going to go with... wait for it... the Ebony Warrior. I'm just saying. But they'd have to really write his part up because Samuel L Jackson!

Haha ... "Meet me at mutha fewkin' last vigil muyha fewker so I can kick your a$$!"

Hmmm, The Hemsworth boys would probably do okay at a couple of the companions.Emma Stone as Aela?... Scarlett J as Mjoll? or Jordis? ... No brainer = Kate Beckinsale as Serana :)

"Meet me at mutha fewkin' last vigil muyha fewker so I can kick your a$$!"

rofl, that's the best thing I've read all week. I can picture it hahaha

Dolph Lundgren as Kodlak (I straight up stole that from AcidZebra because he was right - we won't talk about his suggestion for Aela because he was wrong.) Instead, we'll cast Natalie Portman :D Oh! Emma Stone as that drug dealing tart Ysolda. Perfect.