Weapons and Scripts

StrayMM

When I’m attaching a script to some weapon (z.b. Gatling Laser or Minigun) the game occasionally starts to freeze on a levelup screen or in some game locations. The music still plays, but everything else is frozen. And it doesn’t matters what the script is attached - even an empty one gives the same result. Removing the script allows to continue playing. Is it a common glitch and is there any way to bypass it?

When I’m attaching a script to some weapon (z.b. Gatling Laser or Minigun) the game occasionally starts to freeze on a levelup screen or in some game locations. The music still plays, but everything else is frozen. And it doesn’t matters what the script is attached - even an empty one gives the same result. Removing the script allows to continue playing. Is it a common glitch and is there any way to bypass it?

Did you duplicate the weapon you are trying to add a script to or are you trying to change all weapons?

If you did not duplicate, (change the editor ID and select yes when asked to create 'new form' ) this might be the cause of the freeze.

I add script to an existing weapon. In fact, I add scripts to all the weapons, and the script itself works perfectly. But from the certain character level the glitch occurs. The first time it was with scripted Chinese Rifle. Then I’ve duplicated it, removing script from the vanilla and glitch disappeared. But it’s not a solution, because it was a really bad idea to change all Chinese Rifles in the game world, scripts, quests end etc. to newly created duplicate. But now the same issue appears with Gatling Laser and Minigun. And I really hate it, because this glitch prevents me from releasing a mod I’m working on for a year.

• 4 months later...

Did you ever resolve this? I am adding a selective fire script to all automatic weapons (using FOSE). If I add any script to them at all, even if the script does nothing, eg:

scn Foo

;script ends here

as soon as I equip the weapon, I can no longer load games or exit the game, it just hangs on the menu. It's downright odd.

If I remove the script from the weapon, the problem goes away.

Thanks

Ric36