Need modders

Nadin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What skills you need from others for your project is clear. What skills that you bring to the project yourself is not.

Idea men with little else to offer are common, and most modders have their own ideas that they wish to realize. That is why they are modders to begin with. You need to show that your leadership of the project is more than just a title in order to lure talent to your pool. No one wants to waste their time on an aborted project or see themselves become the prime mover on a project in all but the credit.

You do not state whether or not you have permission to base your mod on someone else's mod.

Aah. So that's it.

I did not get permission because I am not re-uploading or re-distributing any FOOK content. Because it requires FOOK, it is less a mod for fallout than a mod for a mod for fallout.

As for what I can do, I am fairly good with the GECK. I can't figure leveled lists, scripts, or interior design, but I can create and alter new weapons, armor, creatures, as well as being able to ALTER scripts.

I'm also good at merging various mods into one plugin. I can restore MP3's and can edit/merge most audio files, to an extent.

I also study the "psychology" of games, ridiculous as that sounds. I look at polls and essays and articles and mes it all up to figure out what makes a great game. As an example, the best way to give the player information/orders is via radio. This allows the player to receive communication from an NPC in a smooth, immersive, logical way. :)

That's also why I want to make this mod-- to have every aspect done RIGHT and planned by a person who actually wants to play rather than a game made by a company that just turns out duplicated of whatever seems to sell best.

I also have literally nothing else to do, being homeschooled in a remote location with extreme weather.

Hence I think I'm qualified to lead a mod team. Now, if only someone would apply...

Aah. So that's it.

I did not get permission because I am not re-uploading or re-distributing any FOOK content. Because it requires FOOK, it is less a mod for fallout than a mod for a mod for fallout.

As for what I can do, I am fairly good with the GECK. I can't figure leveled lists, scripts, or interior design, but I can create and alter new weapons, armor, creatures, as well as being able to ALTER scripts.

I'm also good at merging various mods into one plugin. I can restore MP3's and can edit/merge most audio files, to an extent.

I also study the "psychology" of games, ridiculous as that sounds. I look at polls and essays and articles and mes it all up to figure out what makes a great game. As an example, the best way to give the player information/orders is via radio. This allows the player to receive communication from an NPC in a smooth, immersive, logical way. :)

That's also why I want to make this mod-- to have every aspect done RIGHT and planned by a person who actually wants to play rather than a game made by a company that just turns out duplicated of whatever seems to sell best.

I also have literally nothing else to do, being homeschooled in a remote location with extreme weather.

Hence I think I'm qualified to lead a mod team. Now, if only someone would apply...

Hah I was home schooled too :biggrin:

Yeah you need way more specifics. What I know so far is it's an RPG mod based off of FOOK2..... Haven't struck gold yet.

Alright. It's a mod that--in short-- makes the game as fun and immersive as possible. I've said this before. Sorry for being so general, but there's a lot I want to get done.

Specifically, the modelers and texturers will be making new power armor variants, vehicles, creatures, weapons, and general armor too.

Which is to say, they will be making more of basically every type of content.

Which is why I didn't specify.

The reason being that I felt there simply wasn't enough content in the game. For example, In a post apocalyptic DC, in the ashes of one of americas largest economic and military hubs, in the same location as vault-tec headquarters, there's six power armor variants.

Six.

In the post-apocalyptic united states capital.

This mod, for example, plans to add at least another 20, making it SOMEWHAT realistic.

Then there's the fact that apparently every pre-war citizen drove one of three cars, or the fact that radiation with a half-life of over a hundred thousand years has all but faded, or the fact that an atmosphere that was completely PULVERIZED by thousands of megatons of nuclear explosion has returned to normal after barely two hundred years. Then there's the fact that, in a place which has people flocking in from the pitt, the commonwealth, Point lookout, and hundreds of other locations, there's almost nobody but a bunch of idiot raiders who, probably, should have killed each other off LONG ago.

These are all inconsistencies and flaws that detract from gameplay experience. Hopefully, all these and more will be fixed by this mod.

As another example, previously weather was mostly sunny, with bright blue skies and on the average day you can see for miles. Also, despite there being copious quantities of irradiated water EVRYWHERE, there's no rain or fog of any kind.

Now you have constant fog, ball lightning, overcast days with frightening downpours, radiation storms, huge arcs of lightning in the distance...Much better, if you ask me.

So you see, I can't answer the question "What does this mod do" because it's too general. I would be delighted, however, to answer any more specific questions.

Well, if I make any models that fit what you want I will send them your way (I am making a lot of random stuff in zbrush and max just for practice)

But sorry, I am not about to sign up for makeing 20 power armors and who knows how many more cars and whatever else

You can use my Midwest Power Armor if you like, just not the special edition one that I make, since that one will be saved for my mod.