need help with geck, npc clothing, and use of multiple mods

(post has been edited by OP, first issue resolved)

Hi Everyone, First Post, and a Noob @ GECK, But Quick to learn.

i got a problem figuring out the NPC Inventory part of my geck

I select the NPC, and check their Inventory tab,, but the Object ID part of the Inventory Page is All greyed out, without the ability to add anything or take anything out

basically its disabled. how do i enable it?

Thanks To anyone that can help me out and fill me in on whats up.

Hi Everyone, First Post, and a Noob @ GECK, But Quick to learn.

Using the Geck, I'm Trying to change the clothing/Faces/hairstyles/eyes/ etc of the NPC's from the New "My Mansion Mod" Using the clothing/faces/eyes/hairstyles/ from Lings' Mod's and Dimonized Mods. (great mods :) )

First thing i got problems with is the GECK, and ESM files, (cant load multiple esms) i figure this is normal

but the Ling mod with all the goods in it (hair/clothing/etc) is a ESM,

the next thing i got a problem figuring out is the NPC Inventory part of my geck with npc's from the Mansion Mod.

I select the NPC, and check their Inventory tab, to view what that particular npc is holding, but the Object ID part of the Inventory Page is All greyed out, without the ability to add anything or take anything out basically its disabled.

Thanks To anyone that can help me out and fill me in on whats up.

In order to load more that one ESM, you need to change this setting in the GECKCustom.ini file:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

This file is located in your Documents/games/Fallout3 (same place where your 'saves' folder is located)

Thanks for the Info and Fast Reply

i Really Appreciate it :) :thumbsup:

Open up the Geck and select the master files you want to use. After they are done loading, save your file.

Check to make sure it is located in your data folder (your new save)

Close the Geck.

open the Geck again, select your file and then select 'make active'.

To add to inventory you need to drag and drop from the object menu ( items/armor/ weapons) to the inventory tab of your NPC. Right click to delete items from the inventory tab. Save changes and load your esp file after all your master files. Activate using FOMM.

Hope this helps.

on some it works, (works on default characters)

on NPC's added from mods, i cant put anything in their inventory lists.

For any mod you want to edit, that mod has to be loaded in the Geck and set as 'active'. ESM files cannot be edited

without first removing the ESM flag. Explain in more detail the actual steps you are taking when trying to edit the

NPC.

the NPC's Im trying to add Inventory to are the NPC's From the new "My Mansion Mod"

the My Mansion Mod is an ESM file.

i open up my geck,

load the data files,

go to the Npc's

select the race, the gender,

locate the npc file i want to edit open it up

then the NPC window opens up.

I can customize the face/hair/race of the NPC from the Mod its just the inventory list part im having trouble with. the whole entire inventory tab stuff,is all disabled.

the window is gray, and all the options are grayed out/disabled.

i wanted to add outfits to all the NPC's without having to do it through the game.

i open up my geck,

load the data files,

go to the Npc's

select the race, the gender,

locate the npc file i want to edit open it up

then the NPC window opens up.

I can customize the face/hair/race of the NPC from the Mod its just the inventory list part im having trouble with. the whole entire inventory tab stuff,is all disabled.

the window is gray, and all the options are grayed out/disabled.

Sounds like the npc you are trying to edit is using a template. Open the npc box and towards the bottom left side

you will see a drop down type box with most likely a template selected. Remove this or edit the template directly.