Skyrim vs Oblivion vs Morrowind

Lehcar

You can't go anywhere as soon as you leave Helgen. Two reasons:

1) You have a guy who either helped you escape (and you owe him) or you helped him escape, which means you need to see him to his final destination safely. It's the very least two compatriots would do for each other.

2) It's a DRAGON. Childrens tales no more, you've seen it with your own eyes.

Every time I have a play through, I have to IGNORE there was ever a Dragon there. Even then, like with the Civil War quest, the game keeps reminding you - dude, you haven't set the Dragons free yet - no more Civil War for you!!!!!

1; they TELL YOU that you should split up.

2; What sane person is going to go chasing after a Dragon that just burned down an entire town?

Let me say this again. Who is more likely to stay alive, two people that split up and go separate ways to two people who stay together? Personally, the last thing I want is somebody who splits up spilling the beans and telling people where the hell I was or headed.

Let me say this again. If a Dragon has been let loose, the Dragon, and not any other open world conquest is the problem.

Like I said, even taking that approach, I still know there is a Dragon on the loose in Skyrim. The fact the game only escalates that if and only if I IGNORE the next logical quest - well that's a problem because most people won't ignore that. Someone puts you up, you owe them a favor - human nature- you go to Whiterun. Jarl asks you to do something, you do it - human nature - you go to Bleakfalls Barrow.

Edited by fraquar

1; they TELL YOU that you should split up.

2; What sane person is going to go chasing after a Dragon that just burned down an entire town?

Exactly. No one forces you into sth. I'm currently on Bleak Falls Barrow quest. I haven't ever finished it. You can roleplay that you never even found what they sent you for and be on your way and play the game even without dragons and stuff. In Oblivion I save Kvatch and don't even "know" who Martin is. I think the quests are made like this in all games. The main quest is a bit urging, yes, but you can always find a point at which you can pause it.

Edited by Aneksunamun