Auto Sorter and Ammo press

ScubaSteve3465

I don't know if i should post here or in the fallout 3 help forum so il post in both and the moderator can delete or merge them if i posted in the wrong section. I apologize for this ahead of time.

I'm currently a novice geck modder in need of some help from the community. I'm trying to implement an auto sorter that will place the weapons and other items on the shelf's when you use the auto sort function. There are a few mods that i have seen that do this. I will link them below. Also i was trying to get a working ammo press in my house mod, but every time i try to get it working in-game it doesn't seem to work. So if i could get some help on these two things i would be extremely happy. I cant pay but i would compensate them by letting the person who helps me use my Rapidshare account, because of the security lock the person i share it with cannot change the password or settings so i have no problem sharing it with the person who helps me, but that's all i really have so i hope its enough. Thanks everyone, i hope i get a reply soon.

Hidden Sanctum - Auto Pantry

Bunker 72 - Auto Sorter

I don't know if i should post here or in the fallout 3 help forum so il post in both and the moderator can delete or merge them if i posted in the wrong section. I apologize for this ahead of time.

I'm currently a novice geck modder in need of some help from the community. I'm trying to implement an auto sorter that will place the weapons and other items on the shelf's when you use the auto sort function. There are a few mods that i have seen that do this. I will link them below. Also i was trying to get a working ammo press in my house mod, but every time i try to get it working in-game it doesn't seem to work. So if i could get some help on these two things i would be extremely happy. I cant pay but i would compensate them by letting the person who helps me use my Rapidshare account, because of the security lock the person i share it with cannot change the password or settings so i have no problem sharing it with the person who helps me, but that's all i really have so i hope its enough. Thanks everyone, i hope i get a reply soon.

Hidden Sanctum - Auto Pantry

Bunker 72 - Auto Sorter

this is what you can achieve (although i gotta admit the adaptive part was a biatch)

sorter example:

shelf activator example:

this will get you started..

Sorter's made easy

next step would be to create activators using the models of what you want picked up, with a script that disables the activator and adds the item to the inventory

an example script i use for such an activator:

Scn SUB50CalAmmoSCRIPT

Begin onActivate

player.additem CALIBRxAmmoRifle50BMG 250 1
Disable

end

after that place all the activators you want out on the shelves and come up with some sort of logic that supports their reappearing...

such as a terminal that deducts caps from inventory and reENABLES the activator the other script deactivated..

one last word of advice.. use setpos before you reenable the activators so that when you do "order" the item it always appears in the same place when activated.

placing all the items is actually a bunch of work depending on how many things you want out because each activator has separate location information and all must be persistent references in other words LOTS of busy work

if however you only seek to have items sorted to specific containers the link provided will show you how to do that really fast.

Thank you so much, first reply i got all damn day. If i could ask you though.... is there anyway we could talk a bit more... realistically i guess i could say? what i mean is do you have aim or skype or msn, maybe something along those lines so we could talk and i could figure this out a bit better? If you decide you have some time to help il send you the info to my rapidshare to use if you want. Let me know what you think.

one more thing for the record:

do not EVER pay someone for mod help..

not only is it unethical

its ILLEGAL

well idk if 'illegal' is the right word.. buuuttt many of the licences we have to mod games like this are based on a for non-profit allowance..

soo the second we pay or get payed on the original developers work were basically stealing from them because were breaking that licence.

i dont know the codes or laws in specific.. but this is just one of those things we should avoid ... ya know keep the game gods happy..