[WIP] "A Fork in the Road" / Companion Mod

TheSHO1BANG

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really looks like it's going to be great. I'm definitely excited.

Thanks a lot for the support, really interested in your companion/quest mod too from what I've read.

Maybe this is just a personal preference, but might I suggest removing the notifications of your current reputation with the companion? I think that it is kind of annoying and breaks immersion. Also, this could make the interactions and consequences more subtle and less intrusive and in your face. Either way, I can't wait to see the final product. It looks and sounds great so far. Best of luck to you!

I can see your point. I mostly have that message for people to know that the feature is even a thing. I guess not everyone who'll download the mod will have read the thread here. I wish could somehow add a choice to remove it.

Can't wait for this monster update! August huh? Release it on August 5th, it'll be the best birthday present I've ever gotten

Hmm, I'd love to get it out that early in August. No promises, but it'd be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Having trouble with a timer script, wondering if there's anyone here who might help. What I want to happen in this sequence is for a bunch of NPCs (The RaiderREFs) to be killed off one after the other, with a few seconds in between each death. The thing, it doesn't even start. I've waited for ever, yet Raider1REF never gets his head blown off. The script can be saved and everything, I just don't see anything occuring ingame. I'd be grateful for any help.

float fTimer
int iStage

Begin GameMode
if fTimer >0
set fTimer to fTimer - GetSecondsPassed
elseif iStage ==0
Raider1REF.KillActor WarnedRonaldREF 1 2
set iStage to 1
set fTimer to 10
elseif iStage ==1
Raider2REF.KillActor WarnedRonaldREF 1 2
set iStage to 2
set fTimer to 6
elseif iStage ==2
Raider3REF.KillActor WarnedRonaldREF 0 2
set iStage to 3
set fTimer to 4
elseif iStage ==3
Raider4REF.KillActor WarnedRonaldREF 4 2
set iStage to 4
set fTimer to 2
elseif iStage ==4
Raider5REF.KillActor WarnedRonaldREF 0 2
set iStage to 5
set fTimer to 1
elseif iStage ==5
Raider6REF.KillActor WarnedRonaldREF 1 2
set iStage to 6
set Brandonquest.legionshot to 1
BrandonREF.startconversation player GREETING
endif
end

Edited by TheSHO1BANG

Result scripts aren't the friendliest to conditional statements, and I don't believe they even work.

Best make it a Quest script, and merely make the Result script change the variable which would trigger the Quest script. If you need a more concrete example, PM me and I'll be able to help.

• 2 months later...

Back with another problem. Update is incoming as well, rest assured a lot of progress has been made in the past months, I haven't lazy (comparatively speaking).

Having recently moved to a new PC, I had to obviously transfer my work and everything. However, I cannot for the life of me get the lip file fix for the GECK to work. I have Skyrim (not currently installed, but purchased on Steam) and downloaded the creation kit, copied the processing folder into the voice folder of F:NV. But when I go to the topic, and select to generate the lip file from .wav (as I have pre-recorded files) nothing at all happens. No lip file, and the 'N' also remains so (while the sound file clearly has a 'Y'). I realized that for some reason the dictionary fix is also not working (lex folder) so maybe it's a bigger problem? Anyone dealt with something like this? Any advice would be welcome, as I'm currently receiving a lot of voice work and would like to get it done quickly, without needing to use a second CK.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, time for a bit of an update, over three months after the last one. Progress has been good, and an August (late September at the latest) release is looking good. I'm constantly playtesting in addition to creating stuff in the GECK, so it's not a complete bugfest like if I try to tackle too much content at once. Everything, except for some details, works and runs smoothly at this moment. Never know when the GECK might decide o screw you, though. I'm hoping testing also won't take too long because of this, when the time comes.

Companion quest is at about 70%, conversations and remarks also around that mark. That's about all that remains, for now I'm focusing on completing the quest, then I'll add the last bits of content here and there. Voice Acting is also going well, looking at about 800-900 voiced lines right now, probably gonna be at around 1300-1500 when the mod is done.

So, if I keep working at this rate I should get everything done towards the end of July, early August at the latest. Then make sure all the paths and stuff play well. Still don't know how long that whole process will take. But yeah, things are looking good at the moment. Was thinking of making a bit of a teaser trailer or whatever, but meh. Might as well wait till the thing is done.

Cheers.