Constant CTD even with mod removed?

vermillion73

Just installed a mod called Talking User Interface 0.9 into the data folder and now when ever I start up FO3 I get CTD straight away every time. The uninstall instructions say 'to uninstall delete mod :)' Ive gone into the folder and deleted the sound files yet it still crashes. Whats a wastelander to do..

-V73-

Do you have any savegames from before installing the offending mod?

Yes I did, should i get rid of them or something? ty for the help btw. I sorta over came the problem by reinstalling everything except that sound mod, but its constantly crashing ingame randomly, been told autosaving, quicksaving and loading a game in game are at fault.. Never realized FO3's save mechanism was so volatile..

-V73-

Do you have any savegames from before installing the offending mod?

Yes I did, should i get rid of them or something? ... been told autosaving, quicksaving and loading a game in game are at fault.. Never realized FO3's save mechanism was so volatile..

-V73-

No, don't delete the old saves. You may need to use an older savegame if your recent one is corrupted. There is a mod called CASM that revamps the quicksave and autosave features to make them less vulnerable to corrupt savegames. Have not had a problem with loading games while in game myself, but I do not use quicksave or autosave because of bad experiences.