Problem Running Wyre Bash Launcher!

arcticking

I am getting this message from Windows that .pyw file type is not recognized! What in the hell? I have already downloaded and installed Python. So what in the F do I have to do now?!

I have attatched an pic for those who aren't familiar with the message.

Did you install just python or wrye python? Wrye python is need for Wrye Bash to work and it can be found in tesnexus. If you have installed wrye python I don't know how to solve that problem.

Heya Articking; Posted this in the other thread you mention this in, but in case you missed it:

Are you sure you installed Wyre Python? Preferably after installing Python? Did you, perchance, install the later version of Python to support Blender and Gimp afterwards? Make sure you install the older version of Python (that Wrye uses) last, and if you did, delete the lot and start again. Read the Wrye homepage. Then read it again. No offence, but you've defo missed something. I have both Python 5 & 6 (iirc - numbers might be wrong) installed as I use Blender, gimp, & Wrye Bash, but when I installed the later versions over the older version that Wrye uses, I got a similar error to you. So, install the versions of Python and Wrye Python that it points you at AFTER you install the newer version for Gimp/Blender support. On the bright side, you should only need to do all this once.

Good Luck.

Jenrai

I am getting this message from Windows that .pyw file type is not recognized! What in the hell? I have already downloaded and installed Python. So what in the F do I have to do now?!

An alternate method that you can use to what has already been mentioned is to create a shortcut which you specify the command line for

c:\python25\python.exe "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw"

and then run the shortcut. This will have the side effect of opening a command window to execute python from automatically when you run it, but it is a minor annoyance - especially compared with reinstalling software. :)

(You will need to use the proper path for your installation of python.exe and the proper path for where you installed Wrye Bash of course.)