Time to get back to it.

sumoftwosins

I've been getting the urge to jump back into some Fallout 3, but before I do that... it is time to finish MERC 2. I did get a bit burned out because I was extremely ticked about the whole dialog/voice/lip stuff. There was no easy way to do it and I was tired of dropping hours after hours to get in voice dialog with lip movement. From what I can tell they still haven't fixed this option either.

So I am moving past that. Just wanted to say Hi again.

That is the way I was doing it, but it takes a massive amount of time. Maybe if you had all of like a dozen lines it would be doable. However I have a hundred lines. Between coping and renaming files, I just didn't want to spend that much time.

In my opinion it's not worth the time. It's better to just ignore it and doing the mod without lipsync. It just takes 4ever and it adds nothing of value to the game. Better just do dialogues without sync and voice. It's not that important for a immersive playing experiance.

In my opinion it's not worth the time. It's better to just ignore it and doing the mod without lipsync. It just takes 4ever and it adds nothing of value to the game. Better just do dialogues without sync and voice. It's not that important for a immersive playing experiance.

Which is exactly why so many games these days are text only.

Which is exactly why so many games these days are text only.

Could be more. Most games have bad voice acting, similar to F3, so the voices do their part to kill the atmosphere.

One of the few examples, where voices are a hugh improvement to the atmosphere is Mass Effect 1+2. They do

such a good job, that a few characters really feel alive just because of their voice actors doing such a good job.

But don't ask about the money it took to accomblish that.