Pistol & Combat Knife

crossfirex

Hi, I have what I think is a great mod idea, but I cannot even begin to script or create animation, so I am making a request. I would like to see a mod where you can hold pistol in one hand, while knife in the other. I think it could be done by making a custom keybind for the knife strike, while using the original shoot button for the gun, of course it would require a new animation and some scripting I think. But anyway, this is my request. And if anyone makes it, or to whoever does make it, Thank you, and let me know! :D

As far as I know, the FPS Grenade Hotkey mod is the closest thing to your request at the moment. I've thought about trying to make a dual wield method, but I don't see any commands in GECK or FOSE scripting that might allow it. The only other way I can think of would be to make a custom weapon with custom animations that has a melee weapon in one hand and a ranged weapon in the other. However, I have no modeling or animating ability.

Hi, I have what I think is a great mod idea, but I cannot even begin to script or create animation, so I am making a request. I would like to see a mod where you can hold pistol in one hand, while knife in the other. I think it could be done by making a custom keybind for the knife strike, while using the original shoot button for the gun, of course it would require a new animation and some scripting I think. But anyway, this is my request. And if anyone makes it, or to whoever does make it, Thank you, and let me know! :D

STOP PLAYING MW2!!!!!!!!!! This is FALLOUT not Call of duty! Are you really to lazy to hit the #2 (ON keyboard) to switch to a knife??? ITS CALLED HOTKEYING!!!!!

Umm, I really don't play call of duty, I haven't even tried the new one... so yeah... And no, I am not too lazy to hotkey, I just thought maybe it was a cool idea to be able to do such. And yeah, I kinda thought the same thing about custom weapons with custom animation. But I also have no such experience in it.

well I think you have to let the dream of dual weapon something go. but there should be a way to achieve at least a closer solution to your idea. But for this you need someone with modelling skills. Point is: You can throw a left glove and a combat knife in nifskope (I guess) together.Invisible texture for the glove should give a knife laying in your left hand. problem is that the hand wouldn't be closed. Together with a combat knife in your right hand and maybe fist fight animation you could create the illusion of dual knifes. In a video for some new fighting moves the guy's char had a crysis suit (maybe someone remembers and can post a link) and had a katana in each hand. there you could clearly see that the left katana was just attached to the hand. so some eyecandy work there.

edit: guess what I came across a minute ago -> http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7277