Why is there a supply of free items outside 101? Why does my 10mm Pist

GaleGynoid

I've started a new game after downloading a massive batch of mods. I just left Vault 101 and there's a massive supply of custom weapons, ammo and armour outside. My 10mm Pistol also seems to have a laser sight, even though I didn't customise it to have one with the WMK. Both of my 10mm pistols have the same laser sight. To my knowledge/memory, I didn't download any cheat mods that are supposed to do this, nor did I intentionally download a replacer for the 10mm Pistol, and I'm wondering what I need to do to remove these two problems.

Here's my list of mods:

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] PointLookout.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] Zeta.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] CRAFT.esm

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

[X] StreetLights.esm

[X] RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm

[X] CubeExperimental (EN).esm

[X] BackToAnchorage.esm

[X] SPECIAL Extended.esm

[X] WMMP_Master.esp

[X] Meresti Metro Station Entrance.esp

[X] Fellout-Full.esp

[X] DK_BulletTime.esp

[X] bittercup_comp.esp

[X] Named Wasteland.esp

[X] GalaxyNewsRadio40[M].esp

[X] BetterCustomWeaponRepair.esp

[X] CONELRAD 640-1240.esp

[X] Combat Enhanced-Tactics.esp

[X] UPP - Pack 1.esp

[X] UPP - Pack 2.esp

[X] kikaiEquipment.esp

[X] SPECIAL is fate v3.esp

[X] DriveableMotorCycle.esp

[X] Dree Perks Pitts.esp

[X] LucyWestCompanion.esp

[X] MiniHideout.esp

[X] 3EFdrg.esp

[X] Responsive Kill Reactions.esp

[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_PointLookoutPlugin.esp

[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_VanillaPlugin.esp

[X] UPP - Original Perks.esp

[X] UPP - Experience Perks.esp

[X] NPC Height Randomizer Less Variance.esp

[X] UPP - Beverage Perks.esp

[X] UPP - Quest Perks.esp

[X] Existence2.0.esp

[X] Sprint Mod.esp

[X] DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esp

[X] DCInteriors_Georgtown.esp

[X] DCInteriors_SewardSq.esp

[X] DCInteriors_Mason.esp

[X] CombatEnhanced-Package v02.esp

[X] megalight.esp

[X] PowerArmorTraining.esp

[X] ACE2-0.esp

[X] SPECIAL Extension - Health.esp

[X] SPECIAL Extension - Mobility.esp

[X] SPECIAL Extension - Gun Accuracy.esp

[X] VDSP-01.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Floaters.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Geckos.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Wanamingos.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_PittPlugin.esp

[X] FleshBurningPlasma.esp

[X] WMMP_Install.esp

[X] WMMP_AMA [Mutants].esp

[X] WMMP_AMA [swamp Folk].esp

[X] WMMP_RIG.esp

[X] WMMP_Uniques.esp

[X] Dree Perks Mothership Zeta.esp

[X] Mighty Mouse.esp

[X] KarmaThreshold1010.esp

[X] KarmaChurchDecrease1010.esp

[X] KarmaCannibalIncrease1010.esp

[X] Perk-SilverSlugger.esp

[X] Big and Small.esp

[X] vats melee extend.esp

[X] HouseholdWaterPurifier.esp

[X] Explosive Entry.esp

[X] ASIMOV_Melee.esp

[X] Path_of_the_Gunslinger.esp

[X] CASM.esp

[X] Fellout-pipboylight.esp

[X] The_Collector.esp

[X] merc.esp

[X] House Map Markers.esp

[X] TheOutbreak - WMS Vanilla Combo Pack - C24H.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

[X] Better_chinese_pistol.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

[X] FalloutFood.esp

[X] Makes Sense Bounty Hunter 0.91.esp

[X] Dree Perks Point Lookout.esp

[X] MegatonContracts.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

[X] NotSoFast.esp

[X] Dree Perks Anchorage.esp

[X] Dree Perks Requested by Fans .esp

[X] Dree Perks.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

[X] AQFH_C_103.esp

[X] PLweightadjust.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

[X] WeaponModKits.esp

[X] The Librarian.esp

[X] HeirApparent.esp

[X] FPS Grenade Hotkey.esp

[X] FPS Grenade Hotkey - Zeta addon.esp

[X] IntoTheDeepWoods.esp

[X] Melee Lock-On.esp

[X] DarNifiedUIF3.esp

[X] TL_Color.esp

And here's three screenshots, showing the names of all the items in storage, as well as my mysterious laser 10mm Pistol:

PotG Gun and Ammo Cabinet.

Testing Supplies.

Shot of the table and cabinet. (Sorry about the low quality graphics - that's a problem that I've already found a solution to.)

Not shown are the names of the items on the table, which are:

- Night Goggles

- SCEP-TER EnviroSuit

- SCEP-TER Helmet

- <Battlefield Medical Kit>

- Pip-boy Medical Module Mk2

By looking at your load order, there seems to be a lot of mods conflicting... Another thing that I notice, is that you don't have a Merged Patch made with FO3Edit. Atleast WMK requires you to make one for it to work right.

The mod list seems to be a complete mess, so I suspect you are not using FOMM to play the game? I would recommend downloading it, and using it's sorting to get the list a bit better at first, and then moving the mods around to make them work better together. The rule of thumb is to load the small mods first, and after them the big mods, from which MMM should load last.

One thing that will mean trouble in the list is, that you load all WMK plugins before the main WMK module, which should be the first to load.

For the lockers and table full of equipment, it has to be one (or more) of your mods adding them there.

I hope this helps you a bit further. :)

By looking at your load order, there seems to be a lot of mods conflicting... Another thing that I notice, is that you don't have a Merged Patch made with FO3Edit. Atleast WMK requires you to make one for it to work right.

The mod list seems to be a complete mess, so I suspect you are not using FOMM to play the game? I would recommend downloading it, and using it's sorting to get the list a bit better at first, and then moving the mods around to make them work better together. The rule of thumb is to load the small mods first, and after them the big mods, from which MMM should load last.

One thing that will mean trouble in the list is, that you load all WMK plugins before the main WMK module, which should be the first to load.

For the lockers and table full of equipment, it has to be one (or more) of your mods adding them there.

I hope this helps you a bit further. :)

I'll take that bit of advice about load order - I had assumed that you loaded the big mods before the small ones. However, I wasn't really sticking to that "rule of thumb" either. I have a lot of ESPs that aren't currently activated (which you don't see on that list) which makes it somewhat difficult to order my mods. When you say that MMM should be loaded last, do you mean just the ESPs or the ESM as well? Should all ESMs be run before ESPs?

Which of my mods are conflicting, exactly? I haven't experienced any problems in gameplay so far besides the two I've listed here. My game runs fine, although admittedly it seems to load a little more slowly than I remember. I suppose that's something to do with my load order.

I do use FOMM, but I would suppose from your post that I'm not using it very well. XD

You do seem to have offered me what I hope will turn out to be good advice, but I was mostly asking to see if anybody had any idea which of my mods were causing the problems I mentioned in the topic title, about the strange supply outside of 101 and the laser on the pistol. Does anybody have any idea or am I going to have to go through every mod that seems like it could have caused this to see what the problem is...?

Edit: Oh, and what's a Merged Patch and how do I make one? >>;;

Edited by GaleGynoid

Merged Patch is something you make using FO3Edit. It is kindof a Compatibility Patch for the mods you are using, and the best (the only one?) tool for making sure your mods work together without conflicts.

Here's what I wrote on another topic:

Merged patch on FO3Edit:

1. Load it up, making sure you have all the mods you are using ticked.

2. Rightclick on the leftside portion on a white area (not on a mod) and select "Create a merged patch" and give the patch a name (like MyPatch, or something) and wait till the patch appears in the mod list.

2b. (added for completeness) Click the Merged Patch file that is now the last on the list to see if there are any conflicts between mods. When you click a record on the left side window, anything red on the right side window means a conflict between two mods. You can drag and drop records from the mod you think should be the conflict winner into your Merged Patch file, so you are sure the mods work together the best they can.

3. Exit the program and ansever yes to save the patch.

4. Tick the patch on FOMM or whatever you are using, and make sure it is the LAST one on the load list.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

I figured out which mod was putting those items outside Vault 101, so I removed it.

Now all that's left is to figure out why my pistol has a laser...

the laser sight is probably from WMK, if it has (LS) in it's name. If not, some other mod changes it. :)