Invader Zim GIR companion

mouzerball1000

I've done a search, it does seem like there is some light interest in something like this. A model wouldn't be that difficult, since GIR [in his dog disguise] would be fairly easy to model. I don't model, so I couldn't do it, but I'm sure there are tons of people out there that have the skill to. A robot companion has been done, just a matter of putting a different model to it. Seems straightforward, anyone think they could try it?

omg yes we need gir im a huge fan of gir and zim a gir robot thats follows you and heals him self by eating food (that you give him or he finds) maybe a animation of him eating would be nice but not needed and of course have cubcakes in game and if you give him one after he eats it he say "I miss my cubcake"

Two ideas to get around the modeling problem:

1. Have GIR be a protectron who's maybe a little shorter than normal. Just give him his GIR voice and occasional random things.

2. Have him be a Brainbot but without the brain (I think the vault-tech facility has the MasterBrain robot in there that doesn't have the brain in it. Use that model.)

3. Have him look like Dogmeat or another dog model. Maybe change the texture so it looks more obvious that he's a robot with a disguise on.

Functions include him occasionally firing lasers at enemies, always grabbing drugs and food that are lying around on the battlefield (occasionally says things like "Where's my mouth?!" or "I had to make room for the tuna.") he makes munching noise when he finds food but its always in his inventory after-wards. Also, when he dies from too much damage then he yells "Finally!" and then explodes violently. Can be rebuilt with the proper parts (includes teddy bear).

Bumpin' it again. Well, since GIR is a cartoon [therefore 2d] it'd be a little strange to model, but he's just made out of basic shapes. Plenty of resources out there on google. Modeling is my only weak point really. Hell, someone get me a model and I'll texture and UV map it. No one can take a little of their time just to throw together a model? Come on, it'd make a lot of people happy =]