Sleeping with Dairren, part 2

Lehcar

Uhh okay I have no idea what happened to my other thread, can't reply to it or even edit it anymore and the one person who responded didn't even answer my question? It was a fairly simple question... what did I say wrong? All I said was please no anti-gay comments like what the heck is that too much to ask for? Jeez mackerel, don't be so sensitive... good God...

Anyways I'll give this question a whirl again. I know in the human noble origin I can get Iona to sleep with me as a female character, but can I get Dairren to do the same with me as a male? I tried picking what seemed like the right dialogue, but the option to invite him to bed doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Or is he just straight?

To the best of my knowledge, that character doesnt have romance options. I think he's pretty much just one of the "filler" characters that really dont have any bearing on the game. Admittedly, I havent actually TRIED to woo him. But if you want to give it a whirl, you can use the Easy Love mod, to see if that will trick the game into thinking you're femme while talking to him.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=429

• 3 weeks later...

Uhh okay I have no idea what happened to my other thread, can't reply to it or even edit it anymore and the one person who responded didn't even answer my question? It was a fairly simple question... what did I say wrong? All I said was please no anti-gay comments like what the heck is that too much to ask for? Jeez mackerel, don't be so sensitive... good God...

Anyways I'll give this question a whirl again. I know in the human noble origin I can get Iona to sleep with me as a female character, but can I get Dairren to do the same with me as a male? I tried picking what seemed like the right dialogue, but the option to invite him to bed doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Or is he just straight?

Yes you can get Dairren to sleep with you (without the use of easylove). I know because I did get him to sleep with my male character.

Anyway good luck hope your able to get him to go with your character...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did too in an earlier game that I played. I cannot remember what the dialogue options were, but I don't remember that it was very difficult though. It's hardly worth it though. Either one of them just get killed right away. I sort of felt guilty, so I don't bother trying to seduce either of them anymore when I play the human noble character.

SPOILER

Dairren is bisexual. You need to meet him in the study and he'll talk about the books. I always go with the fact it's my grandfather's study and I too read the books, just cause I'm so agreeable. He'll agree with me and ask me my favorite book and when the menu pops up, pick the last choice, "The Art of Passionate Love" and he'll say it was banned by the chantry. I then pick "I could show you what I learned" and he'll agree. More talk and you'll get the option that "you'd like to get to know him better." Then I suggest "why don't we go someplace more private" and he'll tell me he is expected to dinner. He'll say "perhaps another time" and then you ask him to come to your room later. I always ask him if that's what he wants again just because I'm agreeable and he'll reply, "I think I do" and you'll then say, "See you later tonight." If you're a guy, at one place in the conversation, he gulps and it's so cute! You don't get to see anything but if you use any of the Natural Body or Realistic Look mods with the erect penis, it might show up in the scene where the dog is barking which is a hoot, if you use the naked choice. 'Tis a good thing the dog does not think it HIS bone!

I've read again and again that you can sleep with Iona/Dairren but how do you do it? Where do you find them after talking to your mother?

He kind of tells you in the text where he will be going...but, go find him and Iona in the Study, back room.

I've read again and again that you can sleep with Iona/Dairren but how do you do it? Where do you find them after talking to your mother?

Just turn around from where you are standing with the group when you're done talking to mom, then go down the ramp, take a right and go to the door on the right. When inside, you'll see an old mage and 2 boys, don't go to them, instead turn left and you'll see a door. Go inside the door and that will be the library. You can talk to either one of them or both of them in the library. You can only sleep with one though. ;)