Patch failed

Scylla2010

You've either got the patch (do you have the Game of the Year edition? If so and you've installed Shivering Isles from it you're up to date. Please note, installing non-GotY Shivering Isles doesn't update your install), downloaded the wrong patch (Did you make sure its the same language as your disk? Did you get the SI version of the patch? The regular Oblivion Patch won't patch an SI install), your install (usually the .exe but other dramatic alterations such as directly editing the default BSAs can cause this) is corrupt or too heavilly modded OR if you're using a D2D or Steam version of the game you need to get yopur patches from them.

Oh, and if its pirated you're pretty much shafted. The patch checks for the copyright protection that pirated copies of the game do not have. = Borked patch. Still maintain that the best way of crimefighting game piracy is to deliberately release updates that break pirated versions of the game. Maybe thats just me though. :D

Hope you get it sorted.

Jenrai

You've either got the patch (do you have the Game of the Year edition? If so and you've installed Shivering Isles from it you're up to date. Please note, installing non-GotY Shivering Isles doesn't update your install), downloaded the wrong patch (Did you make sure its the same language as your disk? Did you get the SI version of the patch? The regular Oblivion Patch won't patch an SI install), your install (usually the .exe but other dramatic alterations such as directly editing the default BSAs can cause this) is corrupt or too heavilly modded OR if you're using a D2D or Steam version of the game you need to get yopur patches from them.

Oh, and if its pirated you're pretty much shafted. The patch checks for the copyright protection that pirated copies of the game do not have. = Borked patch. Still maintain that the best way of crimefighting game piracy is to deliberately release updates that break pirated versions of the game. Maybe thats just me though. :D

Hope you get it sorted.

Jenrai

hehee...well i am already up to date cause i have Goty :D thanks