Field Medic Power Armor

MizunoTakarai

Hi there, fellow wastelanders!

I was just wondering if there are any field medic power armor mods out there. I've always been a sucker for field medics' paraphernalia and I'd really like to wear a version of any regular Fallout armor retexturized to look like a field medic. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the backpack is a really nice idea... in fact I'm currently wearing it although I don't really like the fact that it has some 'cheaty' specs (you know, extra HP and whatnot). I think it would look outstanding combined with some kind of field medic looking armor and, since I'm not really capable of creating it myself, I'm pretty much open to any suggestion you pro-modders could make. Nevertheless, I'll try to be more specfic, let me see (trying to elaborate here, I bet you can hear the wheels turning LOL)...

THE LOOKS:

It could be a Power Armor with a distinctive colour and a logo in the front and right shoulder plate (for example, whiteish armor with a red cross/medical symbol). It could be combined with the medical backpack you mentioned - which looks mighty fine - or with some kind of matching backpack that could contain only medical stuff. Of course this is just a random idea and I'm totally open to suggestions and brainstorming. Also, I'd prefer the armor itself to be non-modded in the specs field, that is to say, to have the same specs as the base armor that's been edited to create it - I'm not really fond of getting tactic advantages through mods - but this is also open to discussion.

Some stuff it could be combined with to create a wastelander Field Medic:

- Refurbished Medical Braces / Crutches:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2124

- Better Medicine:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12203

- Medical Mod:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4001

- Doctor of the Wastes:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7083

The idea is creating a fully functional 'Field Medic' character through mods, including some aesthetically pleasing and easily recognisable looks. What do you think? Any suggestion?

Hm, I can't seem to solve the brightness stuff. I'll upload it for the moment so you can check out.

You can buy it at the rivet city market. I kept it simple for the moment, just tell if you want to have a cross on the chest as well.

Link (requires archiveinvalidation to be set to 1 at the .ini)

Those shoulder plates look pretty damn awesome, you nailed the worn appearance. I really like the fact that if you zoom in you can see the brushstrokes as if the symbols were actually hand-painted on them. Those small details are exactly what make the game more immersive, you've done such a great work so far.

As for the front, it does already look good like that but it may look a bit on the nude side when you can't see the symbols in the shoulderplates... on the other hand it may also look overloaded if we add too many symbols, so I guess it's a matter of taste and the final result itself.

I'm certainly no artist, but I've had an idea and I'd like to show it to you just so you can properly harass me for my totally AWFUL skills with photoshop LOL. I thought that using the medical symbol for a change could be interesting - in case we're using it for the chest plate, that is - so I started looking around and found this one, which is pretty simple and could serve us right. The thing is that I also thought the BOS emblem could be suitable... so I ended up merging them and creating the BOS Medical Symbol. Please feel free to tell me your opinion (aka if you think it'd be too much or just plain lame).

So, should it be converted to red or? As grey won't show up properly :). I had been thinking about it as well, I wasn't sure whether to replace the sword with the medical staff.But then again, I doubt the one wearing the suit wouldn't carry a gun. The details of the cross are bethesda's capabilities, it's the mesh I simply reused.