Customizable Warhammer 40k Conversion: can't get it to work.

Hello! I'm a bit new to modding Fallout 3, though I've done quite a bit of modding with New Vegas and Skyrim in the past year or so. Most of the modding I've done is through the Nexus Mod Manager, and I've been trying to muddle my way through figuring out how to get FO3 to work, much less work when it's modded. The base game finally works and no longer crashes at the birth scene, but since I've tried installing the CW40k mod, the game crashes at the "Please Stand By" slide before the opening menu.

I have the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch, and that stopped the birth-scene crashing problem with the base game, but I don't really know what to do from here.

For the Customizable Warhammer 40k Conversion, this is what I've done:

I installed the main files, the update, the voices, and the invisible Pip-Boy mod, and now the game crashes at startup when I run it with FOSE. Are there other 40k mods that I have to install to use this mod properly?

I downloaded the .rar for JQ's Warhammer mod, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Do I extract the whole thing into my Data folder, or just the textures and meshes? And, if I'm supposed to do anything with this mod, do I leave the textures and meshes in their folders or place the individual files in the Data folder, loosely?

When I first activated the CW40k mod, I went through the plugins and made sure I wasn't doubling up on replacing factions, but that didn't help the crashing problem. I've run LOOT and let it sort the load order, as BOSS just keeps returning an error that the master list can't be found...or something like that.

While I consider myself a capable person, I can't seem to figure out how to get this mod to work on my own, and I'm getting a bit frustrated. I don't know anyone who may be able to guide me through this, so any help you fine folks can provide, I will greatly appreciate.

• 3 months later...

I downloaded the .rar for JQ's Warhammer mod, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Do I extract the whole thing into my Data folder, or just the textures and meshes?

Textures and meshes are fine. You can even just pick those bits you are missing, like Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter model, and icon for example.

While I consider myself a capable person, I can't seem to figure out how to get this mod to work on my own, and I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Well, from other people comments it looks like this mod if somewhat buggy, so probably there's no "figuring it out".