Character Generation Stopped Working

naomis8329

Please, please, please can someone help. My character generator has stopped working, I get no preset showing whatsoever at all. Was working two days ago so don't understand. It wont even let me import the pre-released characters I created in the character creator, it just crashes to desktop each time I click it.

Can anyone help

first order of business is to find out what's changed since it worked, to try to find a cause.

have you installed any new mods?

have you installed any new hardware or software?

have you had any computer crashes that could have corrupted the files?

have you removed/deleted any of the game files?

has your virus scanner cleaned/quarantined any files?

Have you installed any new game patches since this happened?

first order of business is to find out what's changed since it worked, to try to find a cause.

have you installed any new mods?

have you installed any new hardware or software?

have you had any computer crashes that could have corrupted the files?

have you removed/deleted any of the game files?

has your virus scanner cleaned/quarantined any files?

Have you installed any new game patches since this happened?

Yes to installing new mod updates. Had a serious cdt yesterday before logging off for the night. Decided to reinstall the game to "repair" any damaged files and this seems to have done the trick for now. Thanks for coming back to me. By the way is there a thread that explains how to change mrh/mor files into mop files???

Ok, good, I'm glad to hear that you've got it ironed out :smile:

keep in mind tho, that there's a lock on your cd key. after 4 uses, it becomes invalid as EAgames effort to limit piracy. :ohmy:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/8/index/216416/1 some info on how to do that with the mrh files. I could be wrong, but I dont think that .mor files can be converted, I think they have to be extracted from the .mrh files.

Good luck :smile: and happy gaming.

Thanks again for the reply. However, still cannot import from Character Creator. CDT every time I click on it. Been messing around with the toolset morphing etc so don't understand what's gone wrong???? Been messing around in the toolset again and gues what wont let me generate characters!!!!!

Oh, sorry about that. Primary thought is if you're running patch 1.03 or Awakening. If so, there's your issue. Theres a huge thread on social.bioware about it screwing up the chargen.

Second thought is that you're running a chargen mod (like hairs, faces, eyes, etc) that doesnt have a complete chargenmorphcfg.xml file. Have you installed any of those kinds of mods since the problem started?

Just for the record, it's Crash to Desktop, so it's Ctd, not cdt :wink:

Oh! also, have you tried right clicking on the character creator .exe file, and choose run as administrator?