Need script spawning, sizing, extra appendages, retexturing, remeshing

cryoban

Im creating a mod right now and I seem to be a little stuck. Im new with scripting and really only know how to play sounds and make messages appear.

any of you tell me how to make a creature/npc, who we shall just call K for now, spawn close by when you walk up and activate an obelisk and attack the player?

Also, can you set the basic size of a creature or npc with a script or would you have to just change it with in the construction set(but how to do this if you wanted it to spawn when the obelisk is activated and already be larger than normal)?

Yet another question is whether you can add extra appendages to creatures and npcs, such as an extra set of arms, or a second head(without using the Dagon model)? The creature Im creating doesnt need to wear a shirt or armor. I have no experience with texturing or modeling, but is it possible to make it look like a creature has something like lava, water, or lightning flowing on it or over it using a spell or something(not completely covering it, but more like small streams or pathways, asside from the lightning)?

Can you change the body/mesh of an ncp specifically to one that was downloaded(much more muscled than current body)?

I know, it seems like a lot, I dont want to reveal to much of my mod just yet, but it will be big.

Im creating a mod right now and I seem to be a little stuck. Im new with scripting and really only know how to play sounds and make messages appear.

any of you tell me how to make a creature/npc, who we shall just call K for now, spawn close by when you walk up and activate an obelisk and attack the player?

Also, can you set the basic size of a creature or npc with a script or would you have to just change it with in the construction set(but how to do this if you wanted it to spawn when the obelisk is activated and already be larger than normal)?

Yet another question is whether you can add extra appendages to creatures and npcs, such as an extra set of arms, or a second head(without using the Dagon model)? The creature Im creating doesnt need to wear a shirt or armor. I have no experience with texturing or modeling, but is it possible to make it look like a creature has something like lava, water, or lightning flowing on it or over it using a spell or something(not completely covering it, but more like small streams or pathways, asside from the lightning)?

Can you change the body/mesh of an ncp specifically to one that was downloaded(much more muscled than current body)?

I know, it seems like a lot, I dont want to reveal to much of my mod just yet, but it will be big.

Don't know about the scripting part, but for the new creature you'd need something like Blender to make it. You can have extra arms, but you'd need to attach them to an existing bone, which doesn't have to be a new set of arm bones unless you want them animated too. If you want all appendages to move, you'd need to make new bones for them and then animate them.

Well, I kinda wanted them to be usable, but then I thought that it would cause mass clipping problems. Maybe I will just use them to move, but not actually be usable. Do you know exactly how I can blend them on? Another thing I will need is a beard. Do you know of any mods that allow you to just pop a beard onto an npcs face and change the color, or at least have it match their hair color? It isnt urgent, but the characters just wouldnt be right without their beards. If you dont know of one, dont go looking, that would just be a waste of your time and just answer what you know.

Well, I kinda wanted them to be usable, but then I thought that it would cause mass clipping problems. Maybe I will just use them to move, but not actually be usable. Do you know exactly how I can blend them on? Another thing I will need is a beard. Do you know of any mods that allow you to just pop a beard onto an npcs face and change the color, or at least have it match their hair color? It isnt urgent, but the characters just wouldnt be right without their beards. If you dont know of one, dont go looking, that would just be a waste of your time and just answer what you know.

hmm, there is fearabbit's Bearded NPC mod. That might have an option like that.

As for making the extra appendages. Just add a couple of arm bones in Blender and then either make them or copy them from another mesh. I'd suggest checking on the tutorials on Blender though. They would better explain it then I could.

well, I looked up Blender, but they dont have an installer for x64 yet. Could I just use x32 one instead? Also, from the the looks of it, its more for larger projects and animation rather than just adding a pair of arms. Could it be used to change the shape of meshes for items?

well, I looked up Blender, but they dont have an installer for x64 yet. Could I just use x32 one instead? Also, from the the looks of it, its more for larger projects and animation rather than just adding a pair of arms. Could it be used to change the shape of meshes for items?

Hmm, well I'm using Vista 64 bit and have no problems with it.