font for shop signs

Merkur67

Hi!

I am translate a mod for Oblivion.

I would like to write the shop name on the shop sign in German.

Does anyone know, how the name of this font is (used for shop signs), or maybe where I can get it?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you

Merkur

I don't think I have a font quite like that in my word-processor. I kind of think it doesn't really matter too much for your mod. If I were you, I would do one of two things:

(1) Just pick a nice font that you already have that looks fancy and medieval and has lots of serifs.

(2) Cut and paste letters from other signs to spell out what you want on your custom sign. There are so many signs in the game that they probably include most of the letters of the alphabet. This second option would have the advantage of preserving this font that you like so much.

Signs are not made with text in the CS. You have to go into Gimp or Photoshop and make a .dds image file, just as if you were re-texturing a sword or a piece of clothing.

Thanks David!

I will take the letters by other signs. There are only two words.

Thanks for the tip. I was not thinking of this method.

Merkur

Hm, I was going to create a PSD file with all letters a few months ago..but I forgot. :biggrin:.

It's really annoying to create a vanilla look and having to use 5 different files just to get your letters.

If you have any trouble, just send me a pm. I've done a few vanilla looking signs, I could do another without a problem.

example 1 example 2

Pronam

Thanks for your offer. I have tried it, the letters cut out exactly is not easy. I hope I can do it similar as you.

If not, i gladly accept your offer.

But right now I still have much work to translate and test the Mod.

minutegold

Thanks for your tip.

But I want Moonlight Inn sign looks like others in the game.

The font looks good. You know this font?

http://www.myfont.de/fonts/infos/2713-Olde-English.html

Merkur